Unable to link SunTrust as an online biller

Charlie DaviesCharlie Davies Member ✭✭
edited January 27 in Paying Bills (Windows)
I am attempting to use Quicken for all my financial needs. One issue I have that is thwarting my attempt is the inability for Quicken to retrieve billing information from SunTrust. I have two sets of credentials for SunTrust (one for online access to there website, the other for PC Banking directly from within Quicken). Both sets of credentials work.

I am trying to link SunTrust as an online biller within Quicken. I have tried both sets of credentials and they both fail for this process. I have contacted SunTrust and they said they are only trained to support paying bills and downloading transactions and that I need to discuss this issue with Quicken.

I have been able to link a number of other institution as online billers. I'm only having an issue with SunTrust.

Can anyone offer a suggested solution to this issue.

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Charlie Davies

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

What is the exact message that you are receiving when you attempt to connect to Suntrust?

The error message received will help determine what steps need to be taken to correct this issue.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • Charlie DaviesCharlie Davies Member ✭✭
    When trying to add SunTrust as an online biller, during the authentication process, after providing the known working credentials, the process responds with “Authentication Failed”.
    Hello @Charlie Davies

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

What is the website that you visit to view the bill for this account?

When attempting to add an account at any point are you asked to enter a code to connect the account?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Charlie DaviesCharlie Davies Member ✭✭
    I am trying to setup the online biller from SunTrust.com.

When you say "enter a code". are you referring to the PC Banking credentials? The PC Banking credentials are working successfully to download transactions from all 4 of my SunTrust accounts.

When I attempt to use the same PC Banking credentials to setup SunTrust as on online biller, the authentication fails.

Is there any debug mechanism I can use to determine the response being sent from the SunTrust server?
    Hello Charlie,

Thank you for answering that question, although I apologize for the delay in response.

I was curious if a code should be sent after signing in to link the bill. If there should be a code and you are not being presented with it when syncing the bill, this could be the cause of the authentication error.

I have gone ahead and reported this biller, please allow 24 hours before attempting to sync the bill once more.

Please let me know if the error persists.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka