Quicken Focus Issue, clicking top of menu bar minimizes quicken

So I have a strange issue, Quicken Version 27.1.24.11
When quicken is maximized, if I click the very top of the quicken menu bar, quicken will minimize and what ever other application I have behind quicken will appear.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    If I double-click on the top border of a maximized Quicken window, it shrinks back to the previous window size which is following standard Windows rules.
    What happens if you click the box between the "-" and "X"?  Is it the same as you have described?
    Could you be possibly double-clicking?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • JeffG35578
    JeffG35578 Member ✭✭
    No Its a single left mouse click not a double click.

The click box between the "-" and the "x" works as normal, shrinks down the quicken windows vs maximize it. Click the top of the quicken window while shrunken down does not reproduce the issue .
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can reproduce this, but your description is wrong.
    If I single left click at the very top of the maximized Quicken window's title bar (not menu bar) Quicken minimizes.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I've clicked all over the place and can't reproduce, how about screenshot with the mouse pointer where you are clicking.
    Quicken Premier 27.1.24.11
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)
    Res 1920x1080
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    ... and now, less than an hour later, I can not reproduce this at all. Très bizarre.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    It gets stranger. I can reproduce this if and only if Microsoft Outlook is also running with at least one window (e.g., mail or calendar) open and maximized.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    No, I'm wrong again. With Outlook open, clicking the top of the Quicken title bar pushes Quicken behind Outlook. It doesn't minimize it, it just yields focus to Outlook.
  • JeffG35578
    JeffG35578 Member ✭✭
    I can reproduce it with out without MS outlook or other MS products opened.

If I start quicken it does not do it until I switch to another application. From then on I can reproduce it...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    In any case, it's not harmful, so my advice is "don't do that."
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    The symptom I observe points toward Quicken's maximized window being one pixel too short. So clicking at the very top of its title bar misses the Quicken window and the click goes to the maximized window under it, if any, bringing that latter window to the top.
This discussion has been closed.