Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

bills & income reminders display full screen and do not resize

This discussion was created from comments split from: bills & income reminders display full screen and do not resize.

Comments

• alan.178alan.178 Member
    Same problem – for well over a year now. Running Quicken Home & Business version R22.15 build 27.1.22.15. Have done a complete uninstall, including purging any little Quicken leftovers in my system, then reboot, then re-install using fresh download from Quicken website. Problem still persists. Opening "Bill & Income Reminders" as a pop-up screen ALWAYS comes up fullscreen. It's amenable to being resized, but after being closed and reopened, and it always reopens to fullscreen. Very annoying and likely a simple fix. Please, Quicken, fix this long-standing aggravation!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". 
      Windows 10:  Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"  (also try the other available options!)
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

Some additional tuning suggestions:

• Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
    • Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
    • Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
    • If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level.

I started out down the path of checking compatibility settings and discovered that sure enough, I had no compatibility settings in place or checked off. However, when I "okay"d my way out of that and restarted Quicken, the problem had vanished. Colour me confused!
    Well, that did not last. Quicken is back to showing the billing reminders in full-screen mode by default. Opening "Bill & Income Reminders" as a pop-up screen ALWAYS comes up fullscreen. It's amenable to being resized, but after being closed and reopened, and it always reopens to fullscreen.
    I'm not having similar problems with any other Windows apps, and I'm not having any display issues at all with anything else in Quicken.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @alan.178

Thank you for the response for providing more details.

As this post was originally started some time ago, can you please provide the release that you are currently running?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • DCC1DCC1 Member ✭✭
    edited February 19
    I have been having the same issue and mine started when I went from a desktop to a laptop over a year ago. Bill reminders AND the Account List open in full screen every time. At least with the bill reminders, I can click on minimize and it will go to a preset size. With the Account List, when I click on minimize, it remains at full screen and I have to drag and resize every time. Very annoying since I'm using a 32" monitor. I really wish they would fix this. Running QP version R25.10.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 29

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.