Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

"Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for.."

Have received the above for past seven days. Called support on Monday; the recording said call back Tuesday - Friday because Monday is very busy. Am having hard time with my schedule and the availability (7 to 3 CST) making that call. No error code was provided with the notice. Any suggestions? Also sign in screen keeps popping back up after I have received a "success."

Beth

Best Answers

Answers

• David5David5 Member
    This just started today for me after some internet intermittent problems.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit more info needed to assist you.
    What Q product, and BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    What exactly were you doing when you got this message?  If a "One Step Update", can you try downloading your accounts one at a time, via the GEAR icon in the upright corner of the account and then clicking "Update Now" .... to see if the problem can be isolated to one (or a few) accounts?
    If the problem CAN be isolated, what bank/card/etc is causing the problem and, when you do TOOLS, Account List, what shows in the "Transactions Download" column for that bank/card/etc?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Year: 2019
    Version: R18.16
    Build: 27.1.18.16

Tried updating one account at a time, but kept getting the unavailable notice.
    Well, for starters, you're 12 release levels behind on your Q product.
    But,one more piece of info needed.  Help, About Quicken (again) but what does it show as the "Valid Thru" date"?
  • gregbrownakgregbrownak Member
    I am having the same issue..

Just installed the latest subscription of Home, Bus, and Rental, R24.11. Some of my files are having this issue, but other files/companies are not. Tried updating individual accounts within a file/company with no luck. Suggestions?
    I'm confused by your "files" and "files/companies" terminology.
    Your Q data FILE holds all of your accounts and your categories.
    You can have multiple Q data FILES.  Most of the SuperUsers and Moderators here have anywhere from 3 to 10 ... One of their real data and the rest for testing
    Within a FILE you can have many accounts for your banks/cards/brokerages/etc.
    One company (say, Fidelity Investments, or US Bank) can have many accounts with you ... all of which can be set up in Q.
    SO, please explain in Quicken terminology, what your issue is.
  • valid through June 2020. I just updated (Had tried before but "online services unavailable" kept coming up - this time it let me for some reason and that seems to have solved the problem. So thankful for your help!
  • I'm having the same issue.

Year: 2020
    Version: R23.21
    Build: 27.1.23.21

I'm just trying to sync now and getting the server is unavailable message.
  • and my membership doesn't expire until 09/2020.
  • NotACPA - by files I am referring to Quicken files, of which I have 9. Each of those files represents a "company" or legal entity. Within each of those files I have similar accounts with say Bank of America or Fidelity. I can run one step update successfully for 7 of those 9 files (companies). Two give me the try again later message. I can not see any differences in the accounts accessed (BofA or Fidelity) of the working files versus the non-working files. I have run the verify and rebuild process on both, no errors?
  • quicken online service is unavailable at this time
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    It's worked for me when I did OSU at about the time of your post.  Try, again.
    If you are still having problems connecting:
    1)  Is it a problem with just one or with multiple FIs?
    2)  Are you seeing any error codes the OSU Summary?  If so, what are they?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.28 on Windows 10)
  • Tom G.Tom G. Member
    I am having same problem since 2/9/2020.
  • BobwiBobwi Member
    edited February 14
    :s Quicken Online Services not available
  • xrayterxrayter Member ✭✭
    Version R24.14. Same problem started today 2-13-2020. Was trying to correct problem of adding a new account in the same bank. Tried a different file which I hadn't messed with and tried it on a different computer with the file before I messed with it. No luck, still get the same Online service unavailable, wait,
  • xrayterxrayter Member ✭✭
    Problem solved for me with a Quicken telephone chat. The problem was that my Quicken installation had forgotten my user sign in. The agent quickly solved it. Went to EDIT, PREFERENCES, QUICKEN SYNC, SIGN IN WITH DIFFERENT USER. Then I just signed in with my account and everything worked. I went to my laptop which had the same problem and tried this and it too worked.
  • Stuart BaumanStuart Bauman Member ✭✭
    It worked for me. Somehow I was "logged in" without a username set. Weird.
    Can you complete your message?
    Can you tell us what Q product you're running?  What BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Can you tell use EXACTLY what you were trying to do when you got the message?  HOW did you receive this message?
    Did you get it from any particular bank/card/etc?
  • Bart DavyBart Davy Member ✭✭
    :( I jhave not been able to add any online accounts or reach error message says wait 10 minutes and try again
  • Joan7416Joan7416 Member
    I am also having that problem! It is close to my renewal date, ie 4 days so I'm wondering if that is the problem! I'm perturbed!
  • Ricky PRicky P Member ✭✭
    I have this problem to. My renewal day was 2 days ago. Stopped working at renewal date.
    Looks like this is a common problem - BUT I am not renewing, just bouncing around machines with my machines.
    My Subscription was renew in Jan 2020 for 2021.
    I am trying to reconnect my web. - I turned of my mobile/web since my accounts were all messed up. I thought maybe they were doing maintenance. Do not see any anouncements? Normal maintenance
  • AskelandsAskelands Member
    Starting Feb 15, 2020, I am receiving the error message "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again. We apologize for the inconvenience." when trying to do a One Step Update. I am simply clicking on the One Step Update shortcut, the Circle with an arrow icon.

Is the Quicken Online network down?
    I can open up older files and no issues. this is very strange.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you have your Quicken file open when you experience this error, try these steps first:
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID syncing and alerts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID
    Please let me know if the error persists after completing these steps.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited February 16
    did that, it helped, but cloud synch is an issue
  • 23dodgers23dodgers Member
    Thank you Quicken Tyka. This fixed the very same error issue I had in Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property Manager in version R24-14 release 27.1.24.14 (I suspect after the last version update). I appreciate you providing this recommended fix given is frustrating at no online Quicken support during the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.