Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why does Quicken no longer correctly calculate my Net Pay?

Background:
I enter all the deductions from my paycheck every two weeks. The paycheck is an automatic repeating entry in Quicken Deluxe, Version R24.11 Build 27.1.24.11 running on Windows 8.1.

Problem:
Quicken doesn’t calculate the correct Net Pay if there are more than one or two slight adjustments to the 14 items detailed on my paycheck. I have used Quicken for decades and this recently started happening.

I reviewed the Q&A sections on the website; I am not using features that seem associated with paycheck issues (e.g., linking to external accounts) and I rarely add or delete items.

Please advise. How can I fix this? I don’t want to switch to another software program and lose decades of data.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    When editing a change, are you entering the # with the correct sign (+/-) as the original entry?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • JoeCho
    JoeCho Member ✭✭
    No I haven't ever entered a sign, These are all deductions and I've just entered the values for years when deductions change, but I'll go back and try entering the values with minus signs, thanks for the suggestion, I will let you know
  • JoeCho
    JoeCho Member ✭✭
    I tried to enter a minus sign for the deductions and I got this response "You don't need to enter a negative amount for deduction. Quicken will do it for you." So the basic addition /subtraction function is still not working
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @JoeCho

Thank you for trying the suggested solution, although I apologize that issues persist.

May I ask, how was this repeating paycheck transaction created?

Using the Paycheck Wizard feature?  Or is it a standard income reminder with split category lines for each deduction?

When the adjustments are made, is it before or after the reminder has been entered into the register?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering, when you enter a change, do you "Tab" out of the field or click on another field?  Make sure that you do so that the change is recognized by the system.
  • JoeCho
    JoeCho Member ✭✭
    which should I use "Tab" or use the mouse?
  • JoeCho
    JoeCho Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Sarah" said:
    > Hello @JoeCho
    >
    > Thank you for trying the suggested solution, although I apologize that issues persist.
    >
    > May I ask, how was this repeating paycheck transaction created?
    >
    > Using the Paycheck Wizard feature?  Or is it a standard income reminder with split category lines for each deduction?
    >
    > When the adjustments are made, is it before or after the reminder has been entered into the register?
    >
    > Please let us know, thank you.
    >
    > Sarah
    Sarah
    thank you for your response.
    I entered it years ago as a standard income reminder, I have never used the paycheck wizard.
    I make the adjustments before I enter the paycheck. If it is only a few cents, such as OASDI amounts that vary by a few cents, it works fine.
    Big big adjustments such as the beginning of year changes in insurance, withholding, pay amounts ..it won't work..I enter the amounts but the Net Pay is always wrong.
    last two times I gave up and deleted all the categories I have been tracking for years,it really "dumbs down" the tracking function that used to work well....
    Joe
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    JoeCho said:
    which should I use "Tab" or use the mouse?
    Either one, you just have to leave the field to the change to register.