Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Problem with Servus Credit Union / EZcard [edited title]

I am sure this has been answered. Trying to open QFX file of mastercard data from Servus Credit Union / EZcard. Getting error currently unable to recognize the financial institution information. Already tried to refresh the branding and profile settings, but the name does not show in the selection list. EZcard shows in list of supported banks.
Using the starter subscription edition on a new laptop, windows 10, with brand new downlaods and file creations. Log files show no error. Same on an old machine where Quicken has been used for years. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• ralph123ralph123 Member
    Ralph123 - adendum - EZcard shows in the web listings of Quicken supported banks.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30
    If you haven't already, I suggest you contact the financial institution.

Servus Credit Union Canada - Maste only supports the Express Web Connect connection method for credit accounts.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the .QFX file, look at it with Notepad and look for the # after the FID entry.
    Then search in the FIDIR.txt file (hidden file at:
    C:/ProgramData/Quicken/Inet/Common/Localweb/Banklist/2019 ) for that # to see if it is listed and if so, what is the name of the financial institution?

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

Sherlock - Financial institution says talk to vendor. Splasher - will check the files and let you know.
    Thanks.
    Splasher - did the checks suggested.
    From the QFX files - MBNA = 5852, eZcard = 2827
    Neither number appears in the Banklist / 2019 or /2018 file
    MBNA file loads manually, eZcard file gives the error
    tried substituting the QFX number into a reasonable banklist file entry and then substituting a reasonable banklist file number into the QFX file - still no go.
    My banklist file has 90 entries, perhaps there are other / longer files out there.
    Checked and says I have the latest updates.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @ralph123

Thank you for sharing the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

May I ask, what version and release of Quicken are you using?

Do you have Quicken for Windows Canada or US version?

If you wanted to log into the account at the financial institution website, what URL address would you go to?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
    Sarah -
    The master card site is https://www.ezcardinfo.com/
    My Quicken is year 2019; version R22.15; build 27.1.22.15; edition Canada
    Thank you.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @ralph123

Thank you for the response and providing that additional information, although I apologize for the delay in response.

I took the liberty of reviewing our master list of Financial Institutions and was able to locate one instance that uses the www.ezcardinfo.com website for "Home Trust Company", but I do also see an option for Servus Credit Union.

If you are still receiving an error when importing the .QFX file, please go to the Tools menu > Account List and click the Edit button to the right of this account name.

In the window that opens, is there a Financial Institution name listed?  If so, what name is listed?

Please then select the middle tab for "Online Services" and is a "Deactivate" button listed?  Or do you have the "Set up now" button listed?

Please let us know, thank you again.

Sarah
  • MurMur Member
    I am having exactly same problem. FI's name is Servus Credit Union Ltd. "online Services" goes to "Set up now" and starts to open a new credit card account.
  • MurMur Member
    https://www.ezcardinfo.com/?B=SVCU#/
    this seems to be where the data comes from
  • MurMur Member
    Sarah...I can download regular banking account info fro Servus Credit Union Ltd., but Not their Mastercard data which is processed by EZCard.
    The FID # on my MasteeCard EZCard downloads is 2827 (same as Ralph above). So does this mean Quicken will not accept these downloads? If not, why not?
    Glad & sad others have same issue. Still waiting a solution.
  • MurMur Member
    Sarah...are you still around?
  • MurMur Member
    Thanks for the info Anja.....but, still does not work. Same message, even in a test file. Any further advice?
    Anja - also tried your suggestion with same result as Mur
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you both for checking back though I'm sorry to hear that issue still persists!

Usually, if it fails in both your main file and in a test file, it would confirm an issue with the .QFX file coding which would then require to have you contact the financial institution and request to have a ticket put in with them in order to have it resolved as the .QFX files are created and provided by them.

What you can do that may also help the financial institution identify the issue, is to contact Quicken Support via phone or chat first and request that they collect and review your log files to tell you what internal error code(s) shows within the logs (this can be especially helpful if there are no codes shown with the on-screen error message you receive).

Keep in mind that Quicken Support will not be able to resolve the issue as I mentioned above that .QFX files are created and provided by the financial institution. You may also request the support agent you speak with (if you call) to do a conference call to your financial institution with you and have them explain to the financial institution representative what is happening, why it cannot be fixed on Quicken's end, and provide whichever necessary information they may need in order to submit a ticket and have the issue resolved promptly.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja 

Click here to follow our Community thread for updates on Quicken Support's hours of operation during the COVID-19 pandemic.

-Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.