Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QFX- “close current File” And then “unknown error in opening data file” (edited)

Timwk
Timwk Member
I have been using Quicken for at least 20 yrs, and have been downloading directly from Chase Bank for about 15 yrs. I do not use one step update for my Chase Accounts. For about 2 days when downloading from Chase Bank I get a message “close current File” And then “unknown error in opening data file”. Is there a fix for this?
Best Regards
Timwk

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Timwk
    Timwk Member
    D: quicken 2020 backup. I do not use Windows Defender, OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backups.
    Best Regards
    Timwk
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a direct fix, but it sounds as if you are accessing your current data file from your backups folder. Is this deliberate?
    You state you do not use OSU. Why not? Chase uses Direct Connect, the most reliable and secure method. I update daily from Chase and never have an issue.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    "D:\quicken 2020 backup" is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10