Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

No details in transaction split windows

Tried to edit paycheck split on an existing paycheck transaction in my checkbook register. When I open the edit window the header info and amounts are there but below the header there is a blank screen where all the deductions, etc. used to be. Closed the window. Tried closing the program and reopening. No joy.
Tried editing the split in the recurring paycheck transaction. Same issue. Blank detail window.
Tried adding a new paycheck reminder and there is still a blank detail screen in the split window.
This issue only began after the most recent update was installed.
Revision 23.21, Build 27.1.23.21

HELP!

Comments

• vancebreck
    vancebreck Member ✭✭
    I just noticed that some of my previous transactions that are split are empty when I look at the details. There is an amount listed in the register but when I select the split icon to look at the individual contributions there are no entries.

I'm running R24.14, build 27.1.24.14. I just recently upgrade this past November
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you able to edit the paycheck transaction as a split (select the transaction and press Ctrl + Shift + S)?

Also, R23.21 is not the most recent update: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
  • Gene Zebley
    Gene Zebley Member ✭✭
    When I check for updates in the program it opens a dialogue box that states "You already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R23.21).

When I open the split dialogue on the paycheck transaction in the register the header info (Company Name, Memo, Date, Account) in the split dialogue pane is displayed but the area below is blank.
  • Gene Zebley
    Gene Zebley Member ✭✭
    I DL'd the "Mondo" patch and attempted to install but it immediately fails to execute.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: Patch.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 5d5126c5
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 4.8.4001.0
    Problem Signature 06: 5d37b3ae
    Problem Signature 07: 2ec0
    Problem Signature 08: 21
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    When I check for updates in the program it opens a dialogue box that states "You already have the latest version of Quicken (Release R23.21).

When I open the split dialogue on the paycheck transaction in the register the header info (Company Name, Memo, Date, Account) in the split dialogue pane is displayed but the area below is blank.
    It sounds like you're opening the Edit Current Paycheck window.  I asked you to open the Split Transaction window: select the paycheck transaction and press Ctrl + Shift + S

Regarding the update, from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DL'd the "Mondo" patch and attempted to install but it immediately fails to execute.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: Patch.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 5d5126c5
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 4.8.4001.0
    Problem Signature 06: 5d37b3ae
    Problem Signature 07: 2ec0
    Problem Signature 08: 21
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
  • Pablo ElAviador
    Pablo ElAviador Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    > @Gene Zebley said:
    > Tried to edit paycheck split on an existing paycheck transaction in my checkbook register. When I open the edit window the header info and amounts are there but below the header there is a blank screen where all the deductions, etc. used to be. Closed the window. Tried closing the program and reopening. No joy.
    > Tried editing the split in the recurring paycheck transaction. Same issue. Blank detail window.
    > Tried adding a new paycheck reminder and there is still a blank detail screen in the split window.
    > This issue only began after the most recent update was installed.
    > Revision 23.21, Build 27.1.23.21
    >
    > HELP!

I just updated today (February 3, 2020) to version 24.14 build 27.1.24.14 and I see this same error now.

Please help us out here,

Thanks
  • Gene Zebley
    Gene Zebley Member ✭✭
    Pablo, after the "Mondo" patch failed I just backed up my files, used the Quicken removal tool and reinstalled Quicken. Pleasantly surprised it reinstalled and immediately opened my original files where I left off and with all my account update info intact. Took 5 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.