Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I am unable to locate the discrepancy when reconciling

This discussion was created from comments split from: Account reconciled but reconcilement screen still shows difference.

Comments

• I'm having the same problem, and so I went back to the month I opened the account, July 2009. The only transaction that month was a $10,000 deposit. So I went to "re-reconcile" that month, in hopes of cleaning up this account (it went bad when I started downloading transactions...I've since stopped). But Q still thinks the "Quicken Balance" is $89,870.58. not the $10,000 that reads on my opening statement.

I am familiar with accounting and use QuickBooks regularly. If this was QB, I'd look for the Journal entry that is throwing this off. But I am really confused by this one: how can Q I have a balance of any kind on the OPENING month of the new account? Are there some hidden adjustments that have been made in the past that somehow are dated prior to the first statement of this account? Or do I need to delete all the downloaded entries to get back to a clean GL/register?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim