Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Year End Copy GROSS errors

I did my year end copy as usual. However, Quicken completely screwed it up. In the new data file, I ended up with missing unreconciled transactions, reconciled transactions that were changed to UNreconciled, and account balances (especially credit cards) that were extremely inaccurate--among other apparent errors. I do this procedure every year and have had zero issues until this year. Has anyone else had problems after doing their Year End Copy?

Comments

• Note that I reconcile all my accounts before I attempt a YEC. I don't even think about it until all December statements have been received and reconciled. I know from other comments that unreconciled transactions can cause problems.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @DaveWhite71

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still encountering this issue, I would start by restoring a backup file and attempting to run the year-end copy once more to see if you get a better result.

To review the steps and information for restoring a backup please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    If yes, immediately after YEC Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• I had a similar problem. After using Quicken since its inception, this year for the first time, it totally messed up my file. I had to go back and reconstruct the entire year by bank statements and credit card bills. Quicken did not eliminate previous years' reconciled checks, but eliminated a lot of my 2019 records. It took me weeks to get it all back in order. Got it done, triple-backed up, and tried the year-end copy again. Still have old reconciled checks, some from 2011, in the "new" file.