Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Ally Bank not updating 2/3/2020 CC-505/502 error (updated error)

Quicken is unable to update accts.. FAQ...Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502 refresh acct... or wait a day or so.
Was able to update by going to bank website and doing a manual download.

Comments

• rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    All day today, OSU is getting CC-505 errors when downloading from Ally Bank. Is this indeed a temporary failure?

Perhaps coincidentally, it started after I upgraded to R24.14.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a temp issue at this point
  • Birdman24Birdman24 Member
    I have also been experiencing this problem and it is now going on for the second day.
  • Right after I updated my Quicken Subscription to version R24.14 Build 27.1.24.14, I started to get a CC-505 error when trying to update my Ally Bank accounts. When will there be a fix?
  • flagholderflagholder Member ✭✭
    now getting CC-505 error......
  • Rick StaveleyRick Staveley Member ✭✭
    I am also getting CC-505 error for Ally this morning.
  • bill L2bill L2 Member ✭✭
    CC505 for me too
  • K109K109 Member ✭✭
    2/4/20 +1
  • K109K109 Member ✭✭
    I tried this am both before and after updating to R24.14 with the same error (CC-505) both times.
  • GaryRGaryR Member
    I've been having this issue the last couple days also.
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    CC505 AllyBank & Citibank since last update!!! Please Quicken, anticipate & fix these issues before doing updates? This is now 3 or so months that the One Step Update remains "buggy" - every update seems to break it again! Now we have to do downloads from the accounts themselves to get data?! Please fix quickly?
  • bpilkbpilk Member
    Same experience in attempt to download from Ally Bank- same error (cc-505) before and after update
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Same error for three days. So sometimes disconnecting online services for the account and restarting them works, especially if the account moved to two step verification or similar. Not in this case. Gets an error that Quicken could not connect to the bank.

Good to know not only me. Hopefully fixed soon. Please post if it starts working again.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Fixed now for me.
    It appears to be working for me too now.
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    Not me... Still CC-505
  • JonJon Member ✭✭
    Did you guys disconnect and reconnect. Quicken said do not do that in their initial response?
    I did nothing except keep retrying, sometimes OSU on all accounts, sometimes on just my Ally accounts.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your feedback and experience regarding this issue, although I apologize for any frustration incurred.

This is a known issue and an Alert has been created. The Alert contains Support Articles that include the troubleshooting steps for each of the errors being received in Quicken. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7868855/new-2-4-20-ally-bank-returns-cc-502-505-error#latest

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

Now working as of mid afternoon.. thanks.....
    Worked for me yesterday, but failed again today with CC-505. Reran just Ally and it worked. Sigh.
    not working again... 2/13 5:00 am......
    getting this again>>>"CC-505 - Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a temporary server issue or a communication error. Please try again."

Was resolved as of 2/11.... getting errors again. Tried the suggestions from Quicken... still does not work.
  • cyberphilecyberphile Member ✭✭
    I get this error now too. It worked Feb 13, 2020 at 9:06 am Pacific time. The OFX log contains:

<!--
    -->
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><cc:CCWSResponse xmlns:cc="http://www.intuit.com/CustomerCentral">
    <status>
    <code>ccscrape.105</code>
    <string>URL. Ally Blocking Intuit</string>
    <msgId>911174664-774356-17197-28356-812-43981-118035</msgId>
    </status>
    <body>
    <ccresp:CCRefreshAccountsInteractiveResponse xmlns:ccresp="http://www.intuit.com/CustomerCentral/Responses">
    <status>105</status>
    <message>URL. Ally Blocking Intuit</message>
    </ccresp:CCRefreshAccountsInteractiveResponse>
    </body>
    </cc:CCWSResponse>
  • tboll58tboll58 Member
    Getting same error, CC-505 - Quicken is unable to update your account.
    12pm (EST) on Feb 14th, 2020. Phoning in to inform Ally. Ally has been giving various Aggregators (such as yodlee and Personal Capital) problems since January 16. I don't know if its their new interface or if they are deliberately adding more security.
    Failing intermittently for me today; occasionally working.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 14
    Hello All,

Thank you for continuing to report these issues with downloading transactions from Ally Bank into Quicken. 

Another Alert has been issued stating that Ally Bank is currently blocking Quicken and that some Quicken for Windows Users may receive a CC-505 error when attempting to add or update their accounts in Quicken.

This is a known issue and there is no ETA on a resolution at this time.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• David LuckadooDavid Luckadoo Member ✭✭
    edited February 21
    I'm getting the CC-505 error again when downloading from Ally. Is this currently being worked on?
  • bmbassbmbass Member
    I am having a similar problem (when doing One Step Update, Ally fails with a CC-505 error, all accounts, several days now). I have tried to update again and also reset the accounts, but that has not solved the problem.
  • kayakkayak Member ✭✭
    Worked ok sporadically in last couple of weeks, but NOT WORKING as of 1300 hrs. on Feb. 24th. Same CC-505 error on all three Ally accounts; all our other institutions working fine on one-step update.

THE FOLLOWING LINK IS NOT TRUE/ACCURATE, PLEASE REMOVE OR UPDATE OR OPEN FOR MORE COMMENT:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7868855/resolved-2-11-20-new-2-4-20-ally-bank-returns-cc-502-505-error
This discussion has been closed.