Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Capital One Canada ONLINE balance does not match Quicken Online DELTA of $0.01

Capital One Canada ONLINE balance is showing $xxx.72, Quicken ONLINE download rounds up to $xxx.73 off by only $0.01. I have had no issues for 5+yrs, now there is a problem.
I made a NEW Quicken Test File and same issue. Online chat told me to call Capital One, which I did, they said this is not a "reset server issue" this error is owned by Quicken. Quicken must learn to read xxx.72 let the customer is shown on the website. Surely this is not rocket science and has worked for many years.

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 8
    Hello @[email protected],

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with your account balance in Quicken, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken. You can find this information by going to Tools>Account List:

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• R22.15
    "Capital One Card Services", in Account List as requested
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @[email protected],

Thank you for following up and providing the requested information.

As you've already attempted a test file in Quicken and receive the same balance from Capital One, it is most likely Capital One that is providing the balance discrepancy.

There are other Users reporting issues with Capital One as well, as discussed here. However, these are not balance issues, as you're experiencing, but issues with connecting in general.

I suggest waiting for a few more days so that normal banking hours have resumed and anything posted over the weekend has had a chance to clear and update into Quicken properly.

If the issue persists after that time, you may consider contacting Support once again for more advanced troubleshooting.

Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, including the ability to screen share with you, and can best work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• rsevenhuysenrsevenhuysen Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. Annoying. Started a couple of months ago. I work with it by allowing an adjusting entry, then a few days later when I do another reconcilliation it reverts back and I have to delete the adjustment entry. I suspect it's an issue with Capital One data.
  • MicroficheMicrofiche Member ✭✭
    Same here - almost every time I download I need to adjust a transaction by $0.01 and then go back and fix it after reconcile.
    Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)
  • dc600dc600 Member ✭✭
    Any (positive) developments here? I continue to have the 1 cent discrepancy.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dc600

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs to determine the next appropriate action, whether an escalation is possible or if the issue is coming from Capital One.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka