categorizing transfer transactions - did something change ?

for better or worse, right or wrong - been using transfers to record electronic withdrawals or payments from my checking accounts and have been applying categories to them (for a decade or more) . Suddenly now the only categories available for a transfer are the banks & investments accounts, no longer any personal expense categories.
Did something change in the latest (or recent release on Windows subscription) that caused this, did my category data get corrupted or other ideas ?

Right now I'm looking to figure out if there is a solution to get it back to the way it was? can roll back to an earlier backup or restore categories from previous dataset or....

I've already spent a couple hours reading dozens of threads looking for an answer but most threads were debates for and against categorizing transfers, and if / when transfers should be used. Once I know how to get it back to working the way it was (if possible) ,then I'll look into the best practices for how I should be doing these electronic checks / withdrawals.

many thanks in advance for any guidance

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken for Windows has never allowed transfers to be categorized. I'm not sure what you've been doing, but a transaction can have either a category or a transfer account in its Category field, not both.
    Quicken for Mac allows transfers to be categorized.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.