Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why am I getting a request to Update Quicken After Renewing?

I'm using Windows 10 Quicken 2017 Premier Ver. 19.8 Build 26.1.19.8 which I renewed on 1/4/20 Order #: 003563419. I am told when I check for the latest Update that I have the latest update. What gives? Why does Quicken want me to update? Do I have the latest version or not?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    How did you renew your Q product? Did you buy from Quicken, or from a retailer?  Did you buy CD or download?
    AND, in any event, did you install the product after you bought it?  Merely purchasing it isn't sufficient.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 is NOT Quicken Subscription. Online Services for Quicken 2017 expire on 4/30/2020.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    And you probably have the latest version of QW2017.  But if you haven't installed the purchase that you made, it won't show in Q.
  • beejtee13
    beejtee13 Member ✭✭
    Thank You, both Greg_the Greek & NotACPA, I now understand that I can run my QW2017 subscription past 4/30/2020 if I want to do without online & support access. However, I'll need to subscribe to the Q Subscription service to get the online & support access.
  • NotACPA
    Why did you buy on 1/4/20 if you don't intend to install it?
    ALL "online services" for your current product will end on 4/30/20.  That includes the ability to download and import transactions and the ability to download Quotes/etc.
    ALSO, if you made that purchase directly from Quicken ... then the timer started at time of purchase.
  • beejtee13
    beejtee13 Member ✭✭
    I'm chalking it up to a misunderstanding that I am going to take up with Quicken directly tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.