Cannot establish online access to US Amex credit card in Quicken Home and Business Canada

When I attempt to download my US American Express credit card transactions to Quicken Home and Business Canada, I get the following message:

"Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later."

Is this a limitation in the Canadian version?

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @grosspeter,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• I'm using the latest online subscription version of Quicken for Home and Business Canada.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    "latest online subscription version" is meaningless ... as there is NO "online subscription version" of Quicken.
    Please do HELP, About Quicken and tell us the BUILD, and "Valid Thru" values found there.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • The latest version of Quicken Home and Business for Canada - Quicken Canada 2019 R22.29.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited February 2020
    Hello @grosspeter,

Thank you for providing these additional details, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

To clarify, is this a new account in Quicken, or have you been able to successfully download transactions for this account in the past? 

If you have not already done so, I suggest taking a look at the information and steps available in this Support Article regarding recent changes made by American Express. 

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Support directly for more in-depth troubleshooting. Support has access to tools and information that the Community does not have, and will work with you towards resolving this.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @grosspeter said:
    > When I attempt to download my US American Express credit card transactions to Quicken Home and Business Canada, I get the following message:
    >
    > "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later."
    >
    > Is this a limitation in the Canadian version?

This is the message Quicken puts up when a financial institution isn't a "participating partner". In other words a financial institution that doesn't have a contract with Intuit, and in this case a contract for the Canadian version of Quicken.

So yes the answer is that this is a limitation in the Canadian version of Quicken Windows. As a general rule the US version can only download from US financial institutions, and the Canadian version can only download from Canadian financial institutions.

There is some overlap, but that is mostly for financial institutions that are in fact "dual homed" in both countries.

Here is a link to the latest list of financial institutions supported by Quicken Canadian Windows (note the Mac product doesn't make this kind of "border distinction.)
    https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qw2800-can/data/fidir-c.txt
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
This discussion has been closed.