Transaction date changes inadvertently with tax line item assignment designation.

When accepting a cleared transaction into a credit card register and attempting to add/change a tax line item assignment for that entry, the transaction date automatically changes to the current date. How do I keep this date from changing? Is this a bug?

Comments

• Hello @barutledge71,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also let us know if you are changing the tax line item assignment before or after accepting the transaction into the register.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• I'm using Quicken version R24.14, build 27.1.24.14. I'm changing the tax line assignment sometimes before and sometimes after accepting the transaction into the register. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting. I do see the date change when assigning a TLI before accepting a transaction, but not after accepting one. So I can half confirm this bug. ;)
    Another question is why operate this way? I have never quite understood why Quicken provides a way to assign a TLI to a transaction. I think the much more common approach is to assign TLIs to Categories rather than to individual transactions. I'd be interested to understand why you do it your way, @barutledge71 .
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • I can confirm it applies to accepted and unaccepted transactions. I agree, it's easier to assign TLIs to categories (which I also do), however, I have certain categories that I'll track for personal budgeting reasons which I'll assign TLIs to in certain cases, because they'll be deductions for my new business.
This discussion has been closed.