Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I get all of the PayPal Transaction fees to upload into Quicken?

Kzoo Bikes
Kzoo Bikes Member
I am new to Quicken. When I added our PayPal Account and the recent transactions were synced, not all of the transaction fees came through. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to those that were left out.

Comments

• Hello @Kzoo Bikes,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist with this. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    No extra information is really needed for anyone that has used Quicken and PayPal, at least where the PayPal account is for a business, and as such there are deposits and fees.

This downloading has been problematic for many years. Better at times, worse at times. This isn't a problem in Quicken itself, but in Intuit/PayPal "interface" for getting the transactions. Whether it is PayPal not making the transactions available or Intuit not picking them up correctly, there is no way to tell as a user of Quicken (I suspect it is PayPal though).

Note I'm on Windows Quicken and see the same problems. Lucky for me I have very few transactions per month, so I can deal with them without a lot of hassle.

And there is a pattern that I have seen, which has been going on for at least a few months now. And that is the customer payment comes in and "most of the time" the fee for that transaction comes in a day or two later. But note that isn't 100%, sometimes the fees never come in or are delayed a very long time. Resetting the account can usually force them to download, but you will also get duplicates for about a month or so worth of past transactions.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interest enough I got a payment today and it downloaded both the payment and the fee. But the online balance is now zero. I guess that's some "progress".

Actually it just more of the same, unreliable junk that has been going on for years.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I noticed that the most recent 6 payments came through with both the payment and the fees. There's hope.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked today, and my online balance is now correct. :smile:

But that is par for the course, on again, off again.
This discussion has been closed.