Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken is unusable after subscription expiration

Prashant
Prashant Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Before you Buy
i have been a Quicken customers for years ( i don't even remember what was my first version). After my subscription expired 2 days back, Quicken has become UGLY as the the screen real estate has been lost by a toolbar that was never there before and a 2 line alert message in a 4 line space right below the tool bar. Also in case users missed reading the alert message below the toolbar, there is another block of message that runs on the right hand side taking almost twice as space as account navigation.

is this normal? i do not believe this was there before when the subscription would expire and renewal was delayed. is this a sleazy way of making the software not convenient to use? Can you please let me know? i am seriously reconsidering renewing as i hate to be held hostage for a paid software.

Best Answer

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020 Accepted Answer
    Yes, unfortunately, Quicken has decided that this is the "price" to pay if you let your subscription membership expire. If you choose to not renew, the work-arounds are are either to stretch the window to push the right-hand side off your screen or to cover it up with other Quicken windows. Of course, you will probably have to do this every time you start up Quicken.

If you disagree with this business decision, Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE to Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

(If the triangle is solid black, your vote has been registered.)

Your VOTE matters!
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Please, definitely take the time to VOTE.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Prashant
    Prashant Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Just voted. Thank you for taking time to post your responses.
    I hope Quicken understands that they will only alienate the users by making their product unusable. I have their statement that as a purchaser of the software we will be able to use the software with only download not working if we choose not to renew the subscription.
This discussion has been closed.