Trying to fix Error OL-221A

I've read the entries that were found and they don't help. Now Quicken is stuck trying to sync to cloud, which I have never done, but it happened automatically when I tried one of the suggested fixes: disabling the connection and then re-enabling it.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Kitty Skrobela

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using as well s the name of the financial institution.

Also, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I have Quicken Deluxe 2020, version R24.14, Build 27.1.24.13. The institution is Citibank. I have a checking account, two savings accounts, a checking plus overdraft protection, and a credit card. I got the error on one of the savings accounts. I tried disabling the internet connection as I had seen suggested, waiting a while, and then enabled the accounts. After the enabling seemed to finish, Quicken went directly into syncing to the cloud. At that point the circle of death appeared and ran for what seemed like ever. I was able to post my question at that point, and then I closed all my apps and used Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the task manager, and shut down Quicken. When I came back online, I was able to download the transactions for one savings account, but the other still gave the OL-221A message. I'm now wondering is I disabled and re-enabled the wrong account - I had created new accounts for the savings accounts a while back - I don't remember why.

I'm calling it a night now. It's quarter to three! More late tomorrow!
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the same problem as described in this thread:
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • I looked at that and the only similarity I see is that Quicken sends me to Citi and Citi sends me to Quicken. I searched around in Citi and found what looked like really old instructions. I still have to see if I'm looking at the right savings account in my Quicken. Hard to find the time for that, alas! I'll add to this when I get a chance. Thanks for trying!!