Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Printing (Windows)

Report - Legend Footer Option (helpful with long Tags and Categories)

BRETTBBRETTB Member ✭✭
edited February 11 in Printing (Windows)
I think it would be beneficial when our tags and categories may be getting cut off (might be long and descriptive) because we are trying to squeeze everything onto 1 page width reports and still be able to read report when printed.

So if there were an option to list Tags on a legend or Categories (we may be cutting off some of the text to make report view-able so this would help having them listed at bottom if we choose for reference.
Tagged:
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might consider using shorter names for your categories and tags. There is a field in the Category and Tag lists for a Description and you can click the gear at the top right and select the columns to display, including the description. You can print the lists including the description if you want. 

This would be similar to the legend you are looking for.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • aaem47aaem47 Member
    I am a seldom user of Quicken Reports. Yes the column width is a issue with me. I believe a solution that may satisfy all users may be:

1) Allow the Default Report Column Width (and Column Titles) to be allowed to be set by each user per Column requirements for the Default Report.

2) Once a Report has been created and the 'Default Column Width' adjusted to satisfy the Current Report, the Columns Width SHOULD remain set as how the Current Report is saved and not change unless changed later by the user.

3) This arrangement would allow the Quicken Program to be customized per user and remain as such until the user wants or needs to customize either the Default Report or any saved Reports created from the Default Report.

At my age I can't afford all the extra time allowed to adjust each Report. :)
    Used Quicken 2017 - Now using the subscription version.