Is anybody having trouble getting direct connect with Huntington National Bank? (edited)

fshrman5
fshrman5 Member ✭✭
I am able to get webconnect but not direct connect. I have spoken with the bank. I have deactivated and activated the account as per instructions but to no avail.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hello @fshrman5

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • fshrman5
    fshrman5 Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Deluxe 2020. When I use one-step update I receive a message saying "accounts are not enabled correctly and need to be deactivated...search FAQ concerning EWC-DC mismatch." My bank relationship is fairly new and I also had the problem with my previous version of Quicken I have gone through the deactivation process numerous times to no avail. I have spoken to the bank several times and they assure me that I am setup properly on their side and the problem must be with Quicken. I am able to download through the one-step update but not initiate a payment .
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @fshrman5

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

Per the EWC- Mismatch, this error means that there are accounts using different connection types.

"This message is typically a warning of the mismatch and you can ignore the message and continue using Quicken without further issue."

https://www.quicken.com/support/message-ewc-dc-ol-238-mismatch

If this error is interfering with the bank's bill pay, have you attempted to set up all of the accounts using Direct Connect?

Also, do you receive any additional error messages when attempting to send a bill pay?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • fshrman5
    fshrman5 Member ✭✭
    Could my problem be that I have not activated Quicken bill pay for this account? If so, why do I have to pay $9.95 per month? I don't pay now for other banks for which this is or has been setup for bill pay. I am reluctant to do it in fear that it will still not direct connect. If I opt for this and I still don't get direct connect can I easily cancel the service and avoid the on-going $9.95? If I do get direct connect I may simply get the Premier version of Quicken and/or live with dealing direct with the bank's website to pay bills.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @fshrman5

Thank you for the response and for providing more details, although I apologize for the delay.

If needing to send bill payments through Quicken, a bill pay account through the bank or a Quicken Bill Pay account could be used, but both do not need to used to successfully send bill payments.

Is the $9.95 to the bank or to Quicken Bill pay?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~