Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank of America Not allowing Quicken Connect

I just installed Quicken 2020 for Mac, and tried to connect my Bank of America. After many failed tries, I got on the phone with BofA, who told me that the Quicken clearing house is not deemed secure enough for BofA and I have to hand-download my transactions. Is anyone else having this issue??

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi @MindyLyins,

That's very interesting...  I just updated my BOA accounts without any issues - although I am not a Mac user.  However I would doubt the Mac version is any less secure than the Windows version.  I'd push back on BOA if I were you.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    You may be having the same issue as @maggyeads .Here is what she is experiencing:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20066102#Comment_20066102

I'm wondering if BofA is not allowing new download setups for accounts but still allowing downloading for accounts that were already in place on Quicken. I've had my account set up for downloads for years and am not having any issues. 
  • jvdash
    jvdash Member
    I'm having the same issue trying to set up my old Bank of America accounts in a new Quicken for Mac file using "Quicken Connect". I finish the confirmation code step for BoA and then get the connection error screen.
  • MindyLyons
    MindyLyons Member ✭✭
    I got on the phone with Bank of America and after several attempts, they told me it was a Quicken issue. Then I got on the phone with Quicken, and while I was on the phone, Lo & behold it’s worked. The BofA person told me not to log in from the quicken link, because that may trigger fraud. But that’s how i did it, and it finally worked. My suspicion is that once BofA knew to expect the link, it finally allowed it to work.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I log in to the B of A web site via browser, most of the time I get this prompt. It's a "final" step over and over, which makes me suspect something is a little flaky at the bank's end. I usually click "Remind me later" but I'll click OK and update Q every once in a while to keep it happy. Do you ever see this? I have Direct Connect.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MindyLyons,

Interesting outcome!

I am glad that you were able to connect!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel,

I have been connecting with BOA for more than 10 years and I cannot remember ever seeing that screen, however I am connecting with Express Web Connect so I'm pretty sure that's why.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.