Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bug in Reconcile Dialog

Reconcile a bank statement. The date-pickers for Service Charge and Interest Earned aren't wide enough to let you type the date "12/31/2019" (or any 8-digit date). Oddly, you can type "12/31/19" and it reformats to "12/31/2019" when you change focus.

This often happens to me when the previous value is there (say "11/30/2019" and I want to change to "12/31/2019" by typing "12/31" - I can't type the "1" in "31" because 7 digits are entered ("12/3/2019").

Also, if you completely remove all the text from the field, there is a partially visible triangle (like the expand/collapse twistie control) on the far right of the input box. It then goes away if you change focus. Not sure if it is related or a clue about the to entry behavior.

FIY, I'd say this has been seen starting about 3 months ago...

Quicken Deluxe Windows 2020
Version R24.14
Build 27.1.24.14

Best Answer

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you see Service Charge and Interest Earned on the opening Reconcile Dialog, I would suggest that you Reinstall Quicken, according to this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

The Dialog box is similar to this:

Use the Calendar to enter the Ending statement date:

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21354.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Try reconciling an account that does not have online services.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you.  I had to create a test manual credit card account to see what you are experiencing.  It is a valid issue and not a problem with your installation.  The date field is not properly formatted and sized.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I've asked the mod to sent issue to DEV.  Don't figure on it getting fixed quickly, but at least they will be made aware of the issue.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please remember: When entering dates, you can use shortcuts. You do not always have to type all 8 or 10 digits. You do not have to type slashes.
    0101 gives 1/1/2020
    103119 gives 10/31/2019
    Best type leading zeros in day and month, to avoid confusion: "21" ... are you saying day 21 or 2/1? 0201 makes it foolproof.
    Also remember to use keyboard shortcuts like "t" to enter today's date, "m" to set date to 1st of month shown in date, etc. (See Quicken Help, Keyboard shortcuts)
    Date fields should always be long enough to type a complete date, with leading zeroes and slashes. Depending on font size settings, screen resolution and window or column width they may sometimes be a little too short to show the entire date, but you shouldn't get "dinged" while trying to enter a valid date ... unless there's something weird with your Date system settings.
  • Been 10 months without resolution. Should be a pretty simple UI change (make the box wider). Been frustrating the pas few months have to first delete the year portion before I can go and enter the month & day.

Maybe this gets better in January with a single-digit month. Sure would be nice to have this fixed by Oct 2021 (heck, should have been fixed by 10/2020). Isn't that the whole point of having the subscription model now???