I have many accounts with one financial institution. One account refuses to update

I have tried resetting it countless times along with a few other accounts just in case. The other accounts are working perfectly. One, of course it is my main account, stopped downloading on January 31, 2020 even though it appears to be doing something.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Are you getting an error code during OSU?
    Also, click on the underlined blue link beneath the FI name in the OSU Summary showing how many accounts were updated during OSU.  Do you see an account name that you do not recognize and that does not show up in your Accounts List?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R34.24 on Windows 10)
  • EllenP
    EllenP Member ✭✭
    Hi, I have not gotten an error code. I see all my accounts correctly named. I can see the one that is not updating showing nothing is new and gives me the online balance as of 1/31 versus the rest which show yesterdays date.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Pull up your Account Details screen for the account that is not updating and click on the Online Services tab.  Does it show that the account is set up for transaction download and what is the connection method?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• EllenP
    EllenP Member ✭✭
    thank you all! I tried support yesterday and my homework was to create a new entity and attempt to download all my accounts, so I will do that and call them back.
  • EllenP
    EllenP Member ✭✭
    Thank you!!!! I am going through those steps now. Nice to know I am not alone.
  • EllenP
    EllenP Member ✭✭
    and a big should out to BoatnManiac! Not only is my problem fixed, I have a comprehensive trouble shooting list for next time. It did take a full deactivation to solve the problem.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Awww!  You're making me blush! :blush: Thank you for the update.  It is always good to know when something suggested has helped that person and/or others.  It also helps me to learn that when it doesn't work I might have to reconsider or come up with some other ideas.
    As a side comment:  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to when this no-update issue comes up with OSU although it does seem to happen and recur more frequently with some FIs than with others (Wells Fargo accounts are the worst for me).  And, it does happen regardless of connection method but it seems to happen more frequently with EWC connections than with DC connections.  This issue, along with other OSU issues that come up way too frequently, have gotten me close to the point of abandoning it and only updating via Update Now which is far more reliable but takes longer to do.  The only reason why I keep using OSU is that it works correctly more often than not and when it does work correctly it is the fastest way to get all accounts updated.