when I try to bring up "Quicken Help", I get this error: "Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/d

when I try to bring up "Quicken Help", I get this error: "Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm# is correct . How do I fix this?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
  • I am running the 2020 program of Version R24.14 on a PC.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• I did all of these things, but I still cannot access "Quicken Help". This problem seems to have arisen with the last update, as I never had this problem before. But the "Mondo Patch" did not resolve the problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dennis Goldstein

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you haven't done so already, I would perform an uninstall using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

The steps and instructions for running the QcleanUI can be found in the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I had a chat session with Quicken Support and they guided me through a re-installation, but it did not fix the problem. After a few more efforts they informed me that they believe the problem is that my router is blocking the connection and that my ISP provider (ATT) will have to fix the problem.

I am a bit dubious and certainly not relishing any discussion of the matter with ATT.