Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Anyone experiencing bank downloads not working on Mac?

Using New Quicken Release with Mac Mini and Mojave. Once logged in and trying to connect to Quicken Cloud a Log in window keeps popping up, after selecting circular update, top left. Result is no downloads. Also can not go to Quicken/Account. Same pop-up Log in window comes up. No Connection to Quicken Cloud.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @MacMini

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please trying signing out of the Quicken program and signing back in.

This is located under Quicken > Sign Out.

Be sure to sign back in with the existing Quicken ID.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MacMini
    MacMini Member
    Thank you for your feedback. I'm working off of two Macs. One is older with Quicken and works great with new version 5.14.3. Been using for quite some time. At some point in time, I'll be transitioning to my newer mac. Can not get new version of Quicken to talk to Quicken Cloud. I have saved many screen shots. Will Quicken work on two macs at the same time. If not, what is the process of Quitting/Signing off of Quicken on older mac and using Quicken on newer mac? Would you recommend I call in to Support? Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @MacMini

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

If you have 2 separate computers, the data file does not sync between the computers as the data file is stored on the computer. Saving the data file in a cloud or network drive can cause file damage and issue and is not recommended either.

What is the older version of Mac that you are running?

As far as whether to contact support, it may be quicker to a resolution as they have tools to view the screen and can actively see the problem.

You may also post screenshots here in the Community, see the information below for steps if that is how you would like to proceed.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MacMini
    MacMini Member
    edited February 2020
    Thank you for you response. I understand. I'm in the process of transitioning from an older Mac Book Pro to new Mac Mini. Mac Book Pro is running High Sierra 10.13.6 (where Quicken Deluxe 5.14.3 has been working great! I'm a long time Quicken user). New Mac Mini with Catalina 10.15.3 with Quicken will not update Bank accounts, I receive the below screen shot to log in again even though I have already logged in. I also receive the below screen shot when selecting Quicken/Preferences/Connected Services. Also same screen shot when Selecting My Quicken Account. Something is blocking me from accessing the Quicken Cloud, but after several calls into Support, still not working. Your support has been awesome, patient, and very helpful. They have not seen this before as noted on last ticket #7417254. Hopefully someone has a solution. I'm not running on a VPN. I've sent other screen shots to Support. This has also been reported to Quicken Support via Help/Report A Problem.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @MacMini

Thank you for providing more details and including screenshots.

If you haven't done so already, please try resetting the cloud.

This is under Quicken > Preferences > Connected Services, there is a blue "Reset"

Click on this and choose "Reset" to start the process.

Please let me know if the error persists after completing this step.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • MacMini
    MacMini Member
    Thank you again. I did this with support, and also received the log in, logged in, then received the could not connect to quicken cloud.

Question: How do I remove a screen shot from a posted comment. Looked on the community and said to select the gear box top right. When looking at the comment, I do not see the gear box???
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @MacMini

The time to edit a post is short for a new member, I apologize.

These are the point requirements:

Contributor: 51-100 points
    You're a regular here!  You've even got a favorite chair.  You can now see the WYSIWYG editor when you post, and you'll have a little extra time to edit your own posts and answers.

Rising Star: 101-999 points
    Wow!  You're on the verge of breaking through the stratosphere!  You have even longer to edit your own posts and answers, and you can even private message other users.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849424/introducing-community-ranks#latest

You currently have 4 points.

Which screenshot would you like removed and I can remove it.

As you have already tried resetting the cloud and signing out, please check the firewall settings.

May I ask that you navigate to the Mac "System Preferences."

Then choose "Security & Privacy" and ensure that the Firewall is turned off.

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MacMini
    MacMini Member
    Thank you. I'll check Firewall. Please remove the one where it shows my e-mail address (the re-log in pop up screen shot). Thank you.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    MacMini said:
    Thank you. I'll check Firewall. Please remove the one where it shows my e-mail address (the re-log in pop up screen shot). Thank you.
    The screenshot containing the email address has been removed.

~~~***~~~
  • MacMini
    MacMini Member
    Thank you for your quick response. I'll repost with out that info.
  • MacMini
    MacMini Member
    Thank you for all your help. Turned off firewall. Re-booted Apple. Logged off of Quicken. Removed Quicken from Apple. Re-installed Quicken again. Copied current Quicken File to Flash Drive from old Mac. Logged off of Quicken on old Mac. Moved flash drive to Mini. Once downloaded Quicken, Logged in. When Quicken asked what file to use, I tried to select current file from Flash and At this point, the pop up log in window comes up again. Same screen shots, same issues. Thank you for your help. Until I hear back from Support, I'll stay on old mac with older OS. Below is the continual pop-up window I get when trying to connect to Quicken Cloud. This is after I've logged in to Quicken. Thank you again for all your help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @MacMini

Thank you for attempting those steps and letting me know the results, although I apologize for the delay.

The last step that I can offer, is to create a new admin on the computer and see if you receive the error on the new admin.

For steps on creating a new admin please see the information below:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.