Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)

Mac Renaming rules should allow for being restricted a given set of accounts.

JustMeHereJustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
There are times where you have the same downloaded payee names downloaded into two different accounts, but you need to give them different categories/tags and such.

If a user can restrict a renaming rule to a given account (or set of accounts) then they can rename the payee based on the account and have those two or more renamed payees flow into two or more memorized payees.

Note this request applies to all versions of quicken, ... Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac, and Quicken Canadian.
Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record:
    There's a lengthy discussion about this Idea here:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20066613#Comment_20066613
    I've added "Mac" to the title of this Idea post to make it easier to differentiate between Mac and Windows Ideas
  • BRETTBBRETTB Member ✭✭
    Yes by account register then to make it even more refined, by date. Why by date for those reoccurring entries with same name? This would fix almost all possible issues.

So you have say one account where where you may pay the same vendor for a different property - Example Electric Bill different properties being paid out of the same bank account - but are paid on different dates of month.

So Auto Name on register level>vendor>date (look at previous month recurring entry and maybe off 1 or 2 days) would be the best one can do and for whatever reason if say had pmt to same vendor, same register, same date - quicken would mark those like they do to match.
  • ces3001ces3001 Member
    I manage my family’s credit cards and bank accounts in a single quicken file, and this would DRAMATICALLY help me categorize expenses.