OL-297-A Error Message with State Employees Credit Union - NC*

I have been receiving this error message for three days. I cannot download any of my account transactions. Any idea when this may be fixed?

Thanks.

Comments

• tkstks Member
    Same here. CONNLOG file message:
    ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67186431
    Your connection to the server was lost. Try again now, or wait and try later.
  • msgtearleymsgtearley Member
    I have the same problem and have been trying for 2 days and it shows no internet connection. I have no problem logging into credit union web site from the same computer, but quicken will not log in.
  • EllisDEllisD Member
    Same issue with QL-297-A, only happens with SECU accounts, all others are just fine. Also a problem for last couple of days. Have restarted, reset internet in the control panel, etc.
  • jhansenjhansen Member ✭✭
    Same issue
    Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10 Pro - user since 1993
  • Ken McAdamsKen McAdams Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here also. Help us Quicken.
  • butch43butch43 Member
    Same issue with me. I've done everything suggested by Quicken with no luck. In addition, your CHAT option doesn't work.
  • UNCLogansUNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    > @msgtearley said:
    > I have the same problem and have been trying for 2 days and it shows no internet connection. I have no problem logging into credit union web site from the same computer, but quicken will not log in.

+1
  • I am having the very same problem. Happens with Mac and Windows versions. I called the State Employees Credit Union and they said they have heard of no problems on their side. They said it must be a Quicken problem. But that makes no sense since I'm having the problem with both versions.
  • murpthesurfmurpthesurf Member ✭✭
    I started getting this error yesterday (2/13/2020) and it is still occurring today. I can login to my State Employee Credit Union account via the web just fine...no problems encountered. It occurs only when using Quicken Update.
  • Ken McAdamsKen McAdams Member ✭✭✭
    Until this gets resolved, try changing your connection type (for each account individually) from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. That works for me.
  • butch43butch43 Member
    NCSECU internet support said that they improved their security with an update. What they told me was to, in Quicken, go to Tools>Account List>Edit>Online Services tab>Deactivate (I had to do this for each SECU account before continuing). You can then Link your accounts to existing Quicken accounts. Working...so far.
  • Hum. Interesting.
  • rrdozierrrdozier Member ✭✭
    > @butch43 said:
    > NCSECU internet support said that they improved their security with an update. What they told me was to, in Quicken, go to Tools>Account List>Edit>Online Services tab>Deactivate (I had to do this for each SECU account before continuing). You can then Link your accounts to existing Quicken accounts. Working...so far.

This also worked for me on the Mac version. Will try on my wife's Windows version later
    > @butch43 said:
    > NCSECU internet support said that they improved their security with an update. What they told me was to, in Quicken, go to Tools>Account List>Edit>Online Services tab>Deactivate (I had to do this for each SECU account before continuing). You can then Link your accounts to existing Quicken accounts. Working...so far.

Thanks @butch43. This was cumbersome but it sort of work. It eliminated the 297-A error but the first time after linking I got a 221-A error. Now the update is throwing no errors, but it's also not downloading transactions.
    Now when I attempt to set up Direct Connect, it's prompting me to translate an unintelligible image... many of them.
  • I am still working through the issue but I believe if you reset your password on the credit union site and then update the password in Quicken it will correct the issue.
  • jhansenjhansen Member ✭✭
    I've tried deactivating all NCSECU accounts, rebooting and still get same error. Subsequently, I reset my user id and password for NCSECU, again same error.
    Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10 Pro - user since 1993
  • I was still receiving the error as well but once I selected Ok it would continue to process and eventually brought up my accounts which I was able to link back to the existing accounts.
  • burnetterandallburnetterandall Member
    edited February 14
    Is [removed scam website] a legit Quicken support team?
  • Well I deactivated the account and then reactivated it. When I did that it did download transactions but it was all the transactions for 3-4 months. So I now had many duplicated accounts. Decided to start all over and created a new file and then linked to SECU. It downloaded the recent transactions fine. Unfortunately I now have to go back and re-enter all my scheduled transactions. Thank you very much Credit Union (not).
  • Okay, mine is working fine now. Like I said previously. I deactivated the connection and then reactivated it. When I did that the new connection was setup as Web Connect and not Direct Connect (bummer). It did re-download a number of transactions, but I then highlighted all of the newly added transactions and deleted them. Everything is back normal now.
  • rfwquirfwqui Member
    edited February 16
    I've been without NC Employee's Credit union for 3 days. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with a support agent that was unaware of this issue until he checked with a supervisor near the end of the call. What a colossal wast of time!
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16
    1 - what version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    2 - How EXACTLY is it listed in your Quicken.....
    as I can't find it in the Quicken internal FI directory.... or the - Add Account screen -
    3 - and what is the problem or error you are seeing ?
    4 - Is this it ?
    21729    21729    21729    NCSC FCU    http://www.ncscfcu.org/    1-800-291-6272    https://hb.ncscfcu.org/cgi-bin/mcw000.cgi?MCWSTART    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • rfwquirfwqui Member
    The error is OL-297-A. Q-version is the latest. All other accounts download normally. I have restarted my laptop and tried 3 different browsers. I see this error on One Step Update when I update all accounts and if I update only the State Employees Credit Union. I have tried both Express and Normal download options, changed my credit union password and, finally, poured a glass of Scotch... neat. Thanks.
  • wrickswricks Member
    I found (after talking to the weekend crew at SECU) a workaround. Change the connection type from Direct Connection to Web Express. Not the ideal solution, but it works.
  • rfwquirfwqui Member
    Wish it did... as you can see in my last sentence above, I tried that.
    edited February 16
    Sorry things are not working....
    We asked 4 info troubleshooting questions above to help focus on the problem -
    Only ONE was answered - the OL-297-A being the error...
    EDIT - updated topic title to reflect the Q&A -
    It really helps to share more details, as we all are not looking over your shoulder.
    If our Quicken config file listed above is the correct one -
    which you haven't confirmed -
    then that would explain why Direct Connect doesn't work - it's not listed as an option.
    edited February 16
    also - just saw this Alert - not sure exactly which locations it applies to -

• gwzellergwzeller Member
    edited February 16
    NEW 2/14/20: State Employees Credit Union returns an OL - 297 error I contacted the SECU and was told that the Connection Method would need to be changed on all devices for each of the 5 accounts I have at SECU. Change from Direct Connect to Express. What is the most efficient way to do that?
    edited February 16
    You might follow this Alert -
    EDIT - also updated topic title to better reflect ongoing issue and Alert