Bank Downloads?

BillBill Member ✭✭
Is it true that if my subscription lapses that in the desktop Windows product I would no longer be able to download transactions from banks on the desktop? I don't care about the cloud...

Best Answer

Answers

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    It has been true of EVERY version of Quicken for Windows since at least 2008 and since 2015 for the Mac version. The main thing that changes with the subscription membership is that the time frame for supported versions has changed from up to 3.5 years down to as little as 1 year (though you can buy subscriptions for up to 27 months).

One big caveat though, if you let your subscription expire, not only can you no longer import data (using online functionality; you still can using QIF for QWin only and CSV for sercurity prices for all versions), but Quicken then hijacks about 25% of your screen for ad space, primarily for renewal reminders...If you disagree with this business decision, you can add your VOTE to Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

(If the triangle is a solid black, your vote has been counted.)

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)