Option in Preferences to select work online or offline!

LongtimeQKNuser777
LongtimeQKNuser777 Unconfirmed, Member
Quicken Preferences needs to have an option to select --> work online or work offline <--- . This will prevent quicken (ET) from phoning home. I waste 4-5 minutes every time I open or change quicken files if I'm not connected to the internet. To force me to be connected to the internet to just use quicken locally and either look up information or create reports will cause me to look for a replacment solution and say goodbye to Quicken. I will then toss my 3.5" Floppy disks that I purchased my original Quicken on.
Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, as a work-around, you can adjust your UAC settings to prevent QWin from auto-updating. Currently that is the only way to control the updates.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile

Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • jccooper
    jccooper Member
    edited January 24
    Is there a way to work offline in quicken?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 5
    Hello @jccooper,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and merged your Idea to this active Idea thread regarding this topic.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. Please, be sure to add your own vote as well by clicking the up arrow (see example below).

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    jccooper said:
    Is there a way to work offline in quicken?
    Quicken will "eventually" detect that you or offline and work that way.
    To speed up the process disable your network connection.

When Quicken makes a connection to the server it waits for a timeout to know that it is "offline".  Network timeouts can be very long.

On the other hand if the network is disabled Quicken will get an error immediately and as such the process will go much faster.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/