Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

BUG: In latest update after reconciling QM pops you to a different account

Stephen FisherStephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
In latest update after reconciling QM pops you into a different account. While not devastating, it is very confusing at first. This is a bug that should easily be fixed.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Stephen Fisher

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I am not able to recreate this issue, I was reconciled checking, savings, and credit card accounts. When the reconcile is complete I remain in the starting account.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be causing this.

First, do you sync to the mobile or web app at all?

May I also ask that you also provide the path to the active data file?

This can be located by holding the "Control" key and clicking the file name along the top in Quicken.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • Stephen FisherStephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    It happens to me every time when there are other tabs and I am working on an investment file.

When I click the filename at the top while holding "control", I get the same little window with list as you but I don't understand what you want me to do with it to get the path. 

I doubt the file location is causing the switch to a different account, because I have never changed the file location and didn't have this problem until the last one or two updates. I haven't changed anything so I think it is a quirk in the coding.  

And yes, I do look at my holdings in my iphone or iPad apps. Tho lately I get a reminder to update the syncing. 

And let me say I find the sync image hard to understand.

Is this off or on?  The green button is beside "off".  But it's green.
    It just happened.  I reconciled my credit card and when the reconciliation was complete my screen had my primary bank account ledger showing.
    smayer97 said:
    If you look carefully, you will see the outline of the actual button. The button is WHITE and yours is in the ON position. ;)
    Thanks.  They should make the background black, not green.  ;)

@Quicken_Tyka please see my response to your post above
    Hello @Stephen Fisher

Thank you for the response, can you confirm the file path does not list Dropbox, iCloud or any cloud drive?

May I also ask that you navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the version? I am currently running Version 5.14.3 and I do not see this behavior.

If this issue appeared after a recent update-- have you tried restoring a back up to see if the issue persists in the restored file?

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    Version 5.14.3. And it happens in both files I use.Here's the path

/Users/stephenfisherhome/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Documents

I pointed out that this happens in investment accounts.  You tested it on banking accounts.  DID you try it in your investments?
    @quicken_tyka   My response just above

Hello @Stephen Fisher

Thank you for the bump and I apologize for the delay in response.

I am unable to recreate this in an investment account as well.

I am currently on version 5.15.1.
    -Quicken Tyka
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens to me every time when there are other tabs and I am working on an investment file. 
    It just happened.  I reconciled my credit card and when the reconciliation was complete my screen had my primary bank account ledger showing.
    So this problem also happens in non-investment accounts.

Since you mention tabs: was both your credit card and your primary bank account each on a Quicken tab? I. e., after the credit card was reconciled, Quicken simply changed to another tab that was displaying the primary bank account?

Could you describe how you are setting up the tabs, and then how you are using tabs. Since there is no documentation on Quicken for Mac's tab feature, I am not familiar with its nuances. It might help if you describe how you set up the tabs before you encounter this problem.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
This discussion has been closed.