Error OL-297-A - State Employees Credit Union - for NC

I've been without NC Employee's Credit union for 3 days. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with a support agent that was unaware of this issue until he checked with a supervisor near the end of the call. What a colossal wast of time!

Best Answer

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12:29PM
    1 - what version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    2 - How EXACTLY is it listed in your Quicken.....
    as I can't find it in the Quicken internal FI directory.... or the - Add Account screen -
    3 - and what is the problem or error you are seeing ?
    4 - Is this it ?
    21729    21729    21729    NCSC FCU    http://www.ncscfcu.org/    1-800-291-6272    https://hb.ncscfcu.org/cgi-bin/mcw000.cgi?MCWSTART    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • rfwquirfwqui Member
    The error is OL-297-A. Q-version is the latest. All other accounts download normally. I have restarted my laptop and tried 3 different browsers. I see this error on One Step Update when I update all accounts and if I update only the State Employees Credit Union. I have tried both Express and Normal download options, changed my credit union password and, finally, poured a glass of Scotch... neat. Thanks.
  • wrickswricks Member
    I found (after talking to the weekend crew at SECU) a workaround. Change the connection type from Direct Connection to Web Express. Not the ideal solution, but it works.
  • rfwquirfwqui Member
    Wish it did... as you can see in my last sentence above, I tried that.
    edited 7:04AM
    Sorry things are not working....
    We asked 4 info troubleshooting questions above to help focus on the problem -
    Only ONE was answered - the OL-297-A being the error...
    EDIT - updated topic title to reflect the Q&A -
    It really helps to share more details, as we all are not looking over your shoulder.
    If our Quicken config file listed above is the correct one -
    which you haven't confirmed -
    then that would explain why Direct Connect doesn't work - it's not listed as an option.
    edited 7:12AM
    also - just saw this Alert - not sure exactly which locations it applies to -

• gwzellergwzeller Member
    edited 10:06AM
    NEW 2/14/20: State Employees Credit Union returns an OL - 297 error I contacted the SECU and was told that the Connection Method would need to be changed on all devices for each of the 5 accounts I have at SECU. Change from Direct Connect to Express. What is the most efficient way to do that?
    edited 11:20AM
    You might follow this Alert -
    EDIT - also updated topic title to better reflect ongoing issue and Alert

edited 12:33PM
    Lastly -
    is this the Account you are using vs the other one I posted above ?
    01044    01044    01044    State Employees Credit Union - NC    https://www.ncsecu.org/    1-888-732-8562    https://onlineaccess.ncsecu.org/    ACTIVE   
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT             
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 

Thank you. I contacted them and was told I would need to change my connection method from Direct Connect to Express. I have tried that, but when I do this, then get a message that I already have that account with a different commection method and will not let me proceed.
  • KasideaKasidea Member ✭✭
    edited 10:23AM
    I too have OL-297-A error. For the record this OL-297-A happens to me EVERY time there is a Quicken update. It seems SOMEHOW this could be FIXED. It is so annoying and I put off Quicken updates for as long as I can hoping that the bug is fixed.
    That worked. Thank you..
  • rfwquirfwqui Member
    I'm using https://www.ncsecu.org/
    edited 12:52PM
    rfwqui said:
    Wish we had the EXACT name as asked from the very beginning -
    makes a HUGE difference - as per the Alert now being discussed -
    I've been without NC Employee's Credit union for 3 days.
    EDIT - updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

PLEASE to help all in the future - indicate the FULL name of the Account -
    as there is a "States Employee Credit Union" listed for .... FL, NM, NC, MD -

I thought this worked, but not so. I activated the 5 accounts, but will not update. When speaking with support at SECU, they stated I need to switch the connection method from Direct Connect to Express. In Quicken, the only option is Direct Connect. Very frustrating.
    PLEASE indicate the FULL name of the Account -
    as there is a "States Employee Credit Union" listed for .... FL, NM, NC, MD -
    State Employee Credit Union - NC