Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Memorized calendar transactions

I have used Quicken since its DOS days. Memorized calendar transactions have always had to be transferred to the register manually. With Q19, the calendar transaction is transferred to the register automatically BUT cannot be changed or worked with in any way. As well, in the reports any newly (2020) memorized transaction amount for the same payee appears in reports going back in years indefinitely so that reports show incorrect totals. However, when I click on an incorrect $ amount in a 2019 report, the underlying registry amount is correct but the 2020 amount is shown in the 2019 report. Can anyone help? Anyone noticed the same problem?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no such difficulty with the calendar.  If the issue is that the transaction is not appearing in the calendar, perhaps it is because the account is not included in the calendar: select Options > Select calendar accounts

Regarding reports, if you do not want to include older transactions to be included by default, I suggest you select an appropriate default date range: select Edit > Preferences...

I'm not sure what you mean by a 2019 report.  If you mean a report that only includes transactions from 2019, then a 2020 transactions should not be included in the report.  If you are referring to a saved report, I suggest you check the date range.
  • kdaw
    kdaw Member
    Thank you Sherlock. I regret I haven't made my problem clear. The problem I suspect lies with the Memorized Transaction (MT) list that is listed on the calendar as monthly deposits.

1. Those deposits are entered into the register automatically. However, this automatic transfer results in a 'frozen' entry which cannot be amended in any way. Can't add a memo for instance. Have to delete the entire entry and enter manually.

2. For some reason the MT appears to be "locked" thus the latest version of a given memorized transaction (MT) seems to be 'frozen'. ie: change an amount to reflect a new/changed transaction amount for a payee and that change somehow shows up in saved reports from many years before as though the programme has stored the new amount and can't come up with the prior amount even though it should be stored in a file from a previous date.

This is the best explanation I can come up with. I downloaded the new Quicken 2019 in November 2019 and had been working with the 2014 version - which worked beautifully. Have worked with Quicken since it's inception so I do understand its exigencies.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    kdaw said:
    Thank you Sherlock. I regret I haven't made my problem clear. The problem I suspect lies with the Memorized Transaction (MT) list that is listed on the calendar as monthly deposits.

1. Those deposits are entered into the register automatically. However, this automatic transfer results in a 'frozen' entry which cannot be amended in any way. Can't add a memo for instance. Have to delete the entire entry and enter manually.

2. For some reason the MT appears to be "locked" thus the latest version of a given memorized transaction (MT) seems to be 'frozen'. ie: change an amount to reflect a new/changed transaction amount for a payee and that change somehow shows up in saved reports from many years before as though the programme has stored the new amount and can't come up with the prior amount even though it should be stored in a file from a previous date.

This is the best explanation I can come up with. I downloaded the new Quicken 2019 in November 2019 and had been working with the 2014 version - which worked beautifully. Have worked with Quicken since it's inception so I do understand its exigencies.
    Again, I'm not having any difficulty editing the transactions in the calendar.

If you are using multiple displays, I suggest you start Quicken on the display you have set be the main display: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3871-change-main-display-windows-10-a.html