Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank of America sync problems

New to Quicken. Set up my bank of america account. Is Web Connect the only way to do this? Do I really have to manually download file from BOA and drop it into Quicken?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    You shouldn't have to use Web Connect. But it depends on the exact bank name you provide to Quicken what method it will choose. Either of the following should allow Express Web Connect:
    • Bank of America - Quicken
    • Bank of America-All Other States
    If you are using a different name for B of A, disconnect your accounts and re-connect them using one of the above names exactly as shown.
    [EDIT - as usual, I failed to notice this is a Mac, not Windows, question, so I'm not 100% sure I'm right. But try those names anyway and you'll probably succeed.]
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    My BofA checking account and two credit cards are all set up as Direct Connect. That is the preferable way of downloading transactions. See the attached screenshot.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    B of A no longer offers Direct Connect for new accounts. If you have it, you can keep it, but new accounts can only get Express Web Connect.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    That's right, I remember seeing that. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm wondering if my credit card number ever changes, whether I'll be able to keep Direct Connect. Or if I add a new BofA account, what will happen.