Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Application crashes when I perform backup

When I try to backup my data, the application crashes and a BugSplat crash report screen appears. The next time I open Quicken, I get "Correcting price history" popup and hangs. Requires me to kill the application and open it again. This problem has been going on for a while.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds as if your data is corrupted, possibly irretrievably.  First step is to run a file validation. File>File Operations and be sure to check the Correct Price History option. Depending on what comes back, you may also want to run a Super Validate by holding Ctrl-Shift while performing the Validate.
    If the file is beyond repair, you will need to restore from a file before the issues appeared. Since this has been going on for "a while" the restore could go back many months. It's best not to let issues continue unaddressed.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • andsom
    andsom Member
    Thanks for you suggestions.
    I started the validation. My data file is 106MB so I assume it will take a while.
    Crossing my fingers.
  • don.benkeser
    don.benkeser Member ✭✭
    I run quicken and wait -- and then I get a bugsplat failure. I don't have to do anything. It dies fairly quickly. If I "skip" the automatic download of all my accounts, no error occurs.

I have then validated and repaired the data file - in fact twice ... It works for a while, then the bugsplat appears again.

What is going on?