Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Using Two Different Subscriptions and two different Quicken files

Eugene Apicella
Eugene Apicella Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Before you Buy
I have a personal subscription for Quicken. I also use Quicken as the treasurer of the camera club. If I use one laptop, then I get conflicting messages whenever I try updating -- I use a different email address for the camera club, and Quicken thinks that I'm requesting an update for my personal data, which is matched to my personal email address. How do I resolve the conflict if I'm using Quicken, with two different email addresses and two different subscriptions, on one laptop?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is one way to sign in as a "different user" - and also view & verify your ID info -
    Edit --> Preferences --> scroll down to Quicken ID
    --> middle of screen to - Sign In as Different User
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Note:  You will have to do it again when you open your personal file to change back to the personal QID.
    I would either find a second computer or look into virtual machine software like Oracle's VirtualBox to run a second copy of Windows which would keep the two Quicken instances separate.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Splasher: I was using two different computers, and I got the popup whenever I used the computer for the camera club -- Quicken kept telling me that the software was registered to ___, which is my alternate email that I use for camera club business, but that the datafile was registered to ___, which is my personal email address.
  • PS56k: I want to avoid having to sign in as camera club user, and then switch to signing in as myself -- that's why I was using two different laptops. It seems that no matter what I do, I'll have to live with it.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The program is registered to a Quicken Id (QID), it decides which version your are using (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business).
    The data file is also registered to a QID, if they do not agree, Quicken complains.
    Change the QID on the second computer to the club and only work on the club's finances on that computer and only use the personal data file on the first computer and you will minimize needing to change the QIDs on any given computer.
    There is no getting around this under the subscription process.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    splasher said:
    The program is registered to a Quicken Id (QID)... The data file is also registered to a QID, if they do not agree, Quicken complains.
    Just curious on the logistics involved -
    how could you potentially take ownership of a Quicken file from another QID ?
    Since I only have 1 - can't play the simulation -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id "sign in as different user".
This discussion has been closed.