Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

R25.10 and new Quicken Bill Manager service

Where can I find the What's New / Changed for version R25.10 that dropped for me ?

Comments

• Can't locate it either.
  • Step2
    Step2 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Reading the features that include new ways to pay bills, I wonder if Quicken Bill Pay is going away? Also can't help but wonder if the new feature was the cause of last falls Bill Pay issues they never commented about.

Not installing this one until I see how it works for others!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The bills feature is a way to download and be notified of bills from participating companies, not a Quicken Bill Pay replacement.
    Basically the ebills that your financial institution may support in conjunction with their bill pay system
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @splasher - I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. An alternative may be a better characterization.
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can I find the What's New / Changed for version R25.10 that dropped for me ?
    Release notes are now available at the bottom of the Mondo Patch Web Page.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I stand corrected, here is the release note concerning Quicken Bill Manager:
    • NEW: Quicken is introducing the new Quicken Bill Manager service to users of Quicken Premier and above. Quicken Bill Manager is a brand new way to pay your bills. Quicken Bill Manager features two methods of paying bills. The first is Quick Pay, a way to make payments from your checking account to your web-based billers for anything from subscription services, to insurance payments, to your credit card bill. True to its name, Quick Pay is fast, usually having your payment recorded with your biller within minutes. We have lined up over 11,000 billers so finding your biller is quick and easy. The second payment method is Check Pay, a service that works with your checking account to send payments by check to anyone with a valid address. You can pay smaller companies, services, and even individuals, straight from Quicken. You designate the payee and the amount, Quicken creates and sends the check. You don't even have to pay for postage.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, one item fixed was the FI list in the Add Account, they changed from showing Discover Card Account Center to Discover Card, so now by default, a user gets a Direct Connect connection with DiscoverCard rather than Express Web Connect. 
  • Thanks for the information. Now the real question - Where do you get details on how this new feature works. Like what screen, options, etc.
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Assuming the billing works as expected, it is a nice feature.
    People can pay directly from within Quicken using banks that do not give direct connect.
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    @splasher Yes we cleaned up the FI list for 'Add account'. But when the user enters credentials, we will try DC and if it fails, we'll try the same credential for EWC and that should work. If the user searches for 'Discover', he'll find both FIs listed.
  • Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn Administrator admin
    @CaptainMurray you can check out our new FAQs:

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-set-quick-pay-and-check-pay

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay

If you're a current Quicken Bill Pay user, you also have the option to copy your payees for use with the new Check Pay feature: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-copy-bill-pay-option

Hope this helps!

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • dnelson
    dnelson Member ✭✭
    Seems like a major change/addition. As with so many Quicken features it is a optional that you don't have to use if you don't want too?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @dnelson

Great question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Yes, the new Quicken Bill Manager service is completely optional :) 

Hope this helps!

Sarah
  • Bob
    Bob Member ✭✭
    I am perplexed by some of the comments on this and related threads on this community. I received an email today re Quicken Bill Manager that is purportedly from Quicken. This is the first time I've heard of Quicken Bill Manager. My first question is: is that a valid email or is it an attempted scam?

Note that I have not yet looked at the info on Quicken regarding this new feature.

I use Quicken Premier subscription for Windows.

Assuming the email is valid:

1. The email I noted says that Quicken Bill Pay will be discontinued on May 31. That suggests to me that if I want to use Quicken to continue paying my bills, I have no choice but to migrate to Quicken Bill Manager before May 31. Notes I have seen on this forum, like the one from Quicken Sarah, say that Bill Pay Manages is optional. Which is correct?

2. The email says 12 e-payments and 6 check payments per month. This forum says 12+3. Which is correct?

3. I have read on this thread or another related one that if you try to go above the limits, the payment will be rejected, while today's QBP allows you to exceed the limit automatically and bills you for the overage. It seems like a dumb policy to reject payments at any time. What am I supposed to do if I reach the limit? Use snail mail? Are you serious? I think is is a mistake for Q to release this capability before the overage option is addressed.

Bob
  • Kasidea
    Kasidea Member ✭✭
    I am curious. Has anyone used their credit union (SECU) bill pay option? I have closed my small business that I used Quicken for reports. I'm thinking now just to pay a few bills it might be better to just use the credit union service. I am quite frankly sick of all the issues with Quicken. Thanks for any input.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Kasidea
    Kasidea Member ✭✭
    ps56k the new quicken bill manager change was a driving force behind my previous post. I'm thinking I am done with Quicken. I did inquire at my SECU and was told that soon they will have categories, etc. and reporting capabilities soon.
This discussion has been closed.