Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I did a report on deposits and now most of my deposits are missing from my monthly register

Can someone please tell me where my deposit items went and how to get them back? All I did was create a report of all deposits a few days ago (which I can't see anywhere now). Now most deposits are missing and showing a major negative balance for my taxes which is incorrect. PLEASE and thanks!!!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next question:
    How did you create this report and how did you customize it to show only deposits?
    Did you create this report and then, from the report view, delete all expense transactions?
    If so, then I'm sorry to say, that was the wrong thing to do. You really did delete transactions from your account registers. You should have used the customization tabs to filter (and not delete) transactions.
    In that case you need to restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• lenndee
    lenndee Member
    Thanks for the reply. I actually selected all transactions & changed it to deposits only. When I then selected all dates on the far left column,many of the deposits are missing. I really didn’t delete anything myself.
  • lenndee
    lenndee Member
    I did as suggested and set the date correctly and hit reset but it didn’t restore the deposits. It’s strange that it has deleted some deposits but not all. I will have to manually re-enter the deposits for 2019. Ugh.