Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why are the prices given when I click on discount offers the same as standard pricing?

I keep getting in-application offers of 40% off, and I have an e-mail offering 10% off. However, when I click to accept those offers, I am always given the standard pricing of $49.99/yr or $99.98/2 years. Why am I receiving these deceptive offers, if you don't intend to honor them?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing that you already have a subscription to Quicken (2018+), that means that you are not a "new" user.
    If you read the small print on the offers, they apply to "new" users only.  To Quicken, Inc, a "new" user is a Quicken Id that does not have an active subscription or their subscription has been expired over 30 days.
    Shop around at Amazon and the other retailer for the best $/month price and buy from there.  Quicken, Inc rarely has the best price for renewing users and be sure to turn off "auto renew" at Quicken.com My Account so that you have complete control over the price you pay.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • That is not the case. I am a Quicken desktop user. The e-mail says that my connected services will no longer be supported after April 30, 2020, and I can upgrade now and receive a 10% discount. Then, this morning, my desktop application delivered a pop-up alert offering a 40% discount, if I upgrade now. Both links take me to standard pricing. Therefore, I feel that Intuit is marketing that I will receive a discount, and then no honoring the discount when I attempt to upgrade.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    So, you have QW2017 which loses online banking capability on 4/30/2020 and makes you a "new" user.
    The 40% off is a better deal than any I found on Amazon.com.
    Since you are not getting the correct price, contact Quicken Support to get the 40% deal.
  • I clicked that link, and I clicked on "Talk to Support", but nothing happens.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is probably because you have pop-up windows blocked (a likely most users do). It is a poor website design. Trying turning off pop-up blocking for that site and you should see a window to continue.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• I'm chatting with them now, after a phone call resulted in them not being able to hear me (also couldn't hear me when they called back). I've been waiting for 5 minutes for the representative to "look into this". I guess it's just not my day . . .
  • And now that I'm in chat, they say they "cannot process orders due to security issues", and they want me to call again. Isn't there a more efficient way to resolve this?
  • Finally resolved, thanks to Charlie.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @carldscott,

Sooooooooo  - Did you get the 40% off??  If so, how many years are included?

Thanks

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Yes, everything was resolved, and I took the 2 year term.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Good for you - persistence paid off!!!! (Literally)  :)

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Now, be sure to turn off "auto-renew" at Quicken.com MyAccount, so that you have control over the purchase at renewal time.
This discussion has been closed.