Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I just bought an upgrade 2019 Quicken but unable to install on my Windows 7? Any advise?

I just bought an upgrade 2019 Quicken but unable to install on my Windows 7? Any advis

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2019 should work on Windows 7 - Did you buy a subscription from Quicken or from a reseller?

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still using Windows 7 SP1?
    As of January 14, 2020, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft!
    What installation error did you get?
    More details, please.
    I recommend you upgrade your computer to a supported version of Windows and then try to install Quicken again. 

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21354.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.867

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    - what kind of error are you seeing....
    In the old days - the Quicken installer would check for an "un-supported" OS -
    and not proceed with the install if Windows was UN-supported...
    That's why I was forced to migrate from 95 - 98 - XP - Win10
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    Quicken 2019 should work on Windows 7 - Did you buy a subscription from Quicken or from a reseller?

That almost makes sense, but all Quicken since 2018 is subscription and updates automatically to the latest release, currently 27.1.25.10, which does not support Win7 since Microsoft doesn't support it any longer.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought an upgrade 2019 Quicken but unable to install on my Windows 7? Any advis
    You will need to (and should) upgrade to Windows 10.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
This discussion has been closed.