Categories have been eliminated. Unable to enter correct transactions that have for some reason have

I recovered a prior version (no apparent errors) then entered data. I have always had issues with downloading the credit card info (Quicken won't pull the data). I download the data then import to Quicken. The files are not being read and unable to enter any transactions into Quicken. Categories are missing and unable to back up the file.
Quicken continues to look for updates during this process, then quits and I am left with a bad file once again.

What is going on?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @M Roberts

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well as the name of the financial institution.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~