Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Date entry showing current and next month

When I'm entering transactions into quicken, I am frustrated because you don't show the current and next month when I click on the little calendar. Many times, I'm entering a future payment transaction that falls into the next month. I need to perform extra steps to click on the next month to select my month. Why not show the current and next month as a default. As a 20+ year user, this has frustrated me for years.
3 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, some people may prefer to finger-tap or mouse-click on icons instead of typing dates on the keyboard, but why not type a date? IMHO, it's much faster.
    Assuming today is 2/20 and you need to enter March 30th, simply type 0330 (with the leading zero) into the Date field. There's no need to type slashes and/or the 4- or 2-digit year.
    And don't forget the other available keyboard shortcuts that make it easier to enter dates. See Quicken Help, Keyboard shortcuts.

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭
    Yes, I like this idea. I upvoted it. I also proposed something similar - just add the last few days of the previous month and the first few days of the next month to the current calendar.

See https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7869555/calendar-picker-needs-leading-and-trailing-dates and please vote!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 28

[Removed - Idea Implemented]

-Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revisiting this Idea today, I noticed that it appears to have been implemented already.
    In a banking register, clicking the little Calendar icon in the Date field of a new transaction pops up a Calendar view which has "<" and ">" buttons to switch months

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @UKR, I went ahead and updated the Idea status to Implemented.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prior month and future month arrows on the pop up calendar have been there for a long long time. Long before this suggestion was initially made. So I don't think adding the prior and next month arrows is what the OP was suggesting. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe something like this is what the OP was suggesting:

Which makes a lot of sense if you are scheduling payments that will be in the following month.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list