Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Quicken on the Web entries not showing up on Quicken desktop after Cloud Sync

Several weeks ago, my Quicken on the Web entries stopped showing up on my Quicken Windows desktop. I cleared transactions on Quicken on the Web and/or updated memos and categories. Then I closed Quicken on the Web. The next time I opened my Quicken desktop and did a Cloud Sync, the same transactions showed up with a blue dot as well as the old memos and categories, as if I had never touched them. So several days ago, I spent about an hour on the phone with Quicken customer service. They took me through a process and at the end, my Quicken on the Web entries were again showing up in Quicken desktop. This morning, I did a series of updates on Quicken on the Web and this afternoon, when I opened Quicken desktop, none of them showed up. I am back to the same problem again. Anyone know if this is an ongoing glitch? I'm unable to use Quicken on the Web until I resolve it for good. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @David_Coach

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

If you haven't done so already, please try saving a backup and the immediately restoring the same backup

This is located under  File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File...

When the backup file has been restored, this will create a new cloud account. If you are prompted on whether or not to use mobile, please choose "Yes".

After completing this step, please sign onto the web app be sure to choose the new dataset that has been created, and see if the same trouble persists. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Hi, Tyka. I believe this is the same step that the online rep helped me through last week and now it appears I need to repeat it again. I'm curious if this is a common glitch and you anticipate I will need to continue to do it repeatedly or if this should solve it once and for all? Thanks for the insight.