Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Got email that 2017 version access expires 4/30/20,

Got email that 2017 version access expires 4/30/20, But your website won’t allow me to upgrade because my current sub expires 12/31/30. This leaves me in limbo for 8 months and I need to do back taxes.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that everyone who ever owned QW2017 got that email, regardless of whether they've since renewed. If you have a current subscription, just ignore the email.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I assume you mean that your current subscription expires 12/31/20 ... :D
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Yes, because I have a current sub they won’t let me upgrade and I’ll miss the 4/30 deadline
  • NotACPA
    SHOULD I JUST IGNORE IT?
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because I have a current sub they won’t let me upgrade and I’ll miss the 4/30 deadline
    The 4/30/2020 deadline is for people using Quicken 2017, which I take it you are no longer using, right?

So yes, you can ignore that email.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have a current subscription, just ignore it.  That email is simply a marketing notification that if you are using QW 2017 non-subscription program the support for it will end on 4/30/2020 and that you should upgrade to QW subscription if you want to continue having online services.  But it you already have a QW subscription it will not have any impact on you.  I've gotten those support ends notifications the last 2 years (I used to have QW 2016) even though I had already upgraded to QW subscription and I experienced no interruptions in online services.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2020
    NotACPA
    SHOULD I JUST IGNORE IT?

@Rocket J Squirrel already answered that question before I replied.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • roushjk
    roushjk Member
    edited February 2020
    Got the same email; first I've ever heard of subscriptions, which I view as a very poor corporate decision. [removed - violation of community guidelines]  I'm gone.
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    But your website won’t allow me to upgrade because my current sub expires 12/31/30. This leaves me in limbo for 8 months and I need to do back taxes.
    First off as NotCPA pointed out that looks like a typo and you meant 12/31/2020.
    Well that is about 10 months from now, that seems like pretty long time to do your back taxes, so I fail to see how you are in "limbo".  Sure before next years taxes you will need to extend your subscription, but that is a long time from now.

The website is blocking you from "extending" your license because it won't let you do that until you are within 6 months of the subscription expiring.  That is done because they don't want someone buying a bunch of licenses and extend their subscription out to say 10 years.  They only want to be on the hook for at the most a couple of years.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
This discussion has been closed.