Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

what is the difference between quicken membership and just buying the software update

Please advise

Best Answers

Answers

• fjbazin
    fjbazin Member ✭✭
    I don't know whether I need to buy a subscription to membership or just buy the update to the software
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    what version of Quicken are you using and talking about?  Essentially, I think the answer to your question is that there is no difference.   The current version of Quicken (only type available) is a subscription, so if you are being asked to "pay" for an update, most likely this is meaning you have to buy a subscription.  Quicken is updating the older versions that are sill within their 3 year service period.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    QW subscription in the US was also introduced in 2017 but the traditional non-subscription model was also still offered that year.  QW 2018 was the first year when subscription was the only US option available, as I stated above.
    You are right regarding many of the details.  I just opted to summarize it more briefly (in a way my wife said she could understand). :smile:
    BTW, I cast my vote to eliminate the ads.  It would be one thing for ads to pop up when first opening an expired Quicken version but it's definitely not cool for the adds to continue showing showing all the time while you're trying to use it.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.