Deleted transaction keeps coming back, how do I get rid of it?

I have deleted a transaction in Quicken and it keeps coming back when I open the software, even though I have sync'd to Cloud. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @susu142

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would start by removing the transaction once more.

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Does the transaction reappear after these steps?

If so, can you please provide what type of account this occurring in and what type of transaction this is? IE. Expense, Income or Transfer? 

Is this a scheduled transaction by chance?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • susu142
    susu142 Member
    I did validate, the file is worse. The action was a balance adjustment that turned out didn't need to be made. It picked up transactions from old Quicken files and now my balance is negative $6K. I reviewed the log and do not know how to fix the mess.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @susu142

Thank you for the response and for attempting those steps.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

Was the transaction that was deleted for $6k or was it for a different amount?

Prior to removing this transaction, was the balance in the account correct?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • susu142
    susu142 Member
    no not for $6K and the balance was incorrect prior to deleting. when I deleted the transaction the balance was correct. I did do a backup of my file on Saturday and have restored my account using that file. I am getting ready to sync and close the file again to see if it stays correct upon reopening
  • susu142
    susu142 Member
    File is a mess. The Web Connected file is what is wrong. I have at least 50 lines of transactions that apparently didn't sync...error code QCS-0400-8. Nothing I do fixes this. I am afraid I am going to have to scrap this file and start all over (ugh!)
This discussion has been closed.