Please change the Export to: .PRN selection to .CSV in the Print dialog

JustMeHere
JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Printing (Windows)
The .PRN format listed in the dialog below is actually CSV format.

So even though most people don't know it you can print to that format and change the .prn to .csv and you have CSV file compatible with Excel and other spreadsheet type programs.

Since no one uses 123 any more I would like to see the text in this dialog changed to:
.CSV (Excel compatible) disk file

And the default type/suffix for the filename changed from .prn to .csv.

Or if you feel there is still people out there using 123, just add this as another choice.

None of the code for creating the exported data file would have to be changed.

This is a 10 minute change for the developer, but will have a big impact on the usability for the users.
Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
Tagged:
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

The Community Support team regularly reviews long-standing posts and Ideas for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have stalled and we would like to gauge the current interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    This change is long overdue. I have had to explain many times in this forum that the "123" setting is the one users should pick when exporting to Excel, along with saving the file with a CSV extension. This allows the file to be opened directly in Excel, without going through the Text import wizard.

This change is primarily for printing registers, Investing portfolio views, and other items printed via File > Print or Ctrl-P, not for reports, which can generate .XLSX files directly.

QWin Premier subscription
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭
    I agree. The CSV extension makes much more sense.