Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Premier vs... need Direct download & Direct bill payment

pula58*
pula58* Member
edited February 2020 in Before you Buy
I current use Quicken Premier 2017. The direct download ability, where the software connects through the internet and downloads banking and credit card transactions directly from the financial institutions. I am not talking about importing a file, but rather, direct download. This is the key feature I want and now that I have to enter into the subscription model I am wondering which version I need to get. I NEED to have the direct downloading of banking and credit card transactions, and DIRECT bill pay as well.

Best Answers

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    pula58* said:
    I current use Quicken Premier 2017.  I NEED to have the direct downloading of banking and credit card transactions, and DIRECT bill pay as well.
    1 - How are you using "Bill pay" - is it via the "Quicken Bill Pay" external 3rd party proxy ?
    2 - As mentioned above, all Quicken products support all 3 connection protocols -
    Direct is one of them.
    3 - Premiere - do you use any of the extra financial reports of Premier,
    or just have it for the free 15 bill payment transactions ?
    I happen to use Deluxe, and use my Chase checking account for bill payments directly thru Chase without the Quicken external 3rd party proxy.  
    Some banks support online bill payments + support Quicken this way.
    EDIT - updated topic title to better reflect Q&A

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • pula58*
    pula58* Member
    This page (below) seems to suggest that you need premier version for bill pay:
    "Free online bill payment
    (a $119/year value)*"

https://www.quicken.com/compare

comments?
  • pula58*
    pula58* Member
    I don't use any of the financial report stuff. But I do all my bill paying and downloading of credit card transactions and banking transactions using Quicken direct connect (software directly connects to financial institutions, i,.e. NOT through a web page)
  • pula58*
    pula58* Member
    Also, I have unlimited bill paying, not the 15 free you mention.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    pula58* said:
    This page (below) seems to suggest that you need premier version for bill pay:
    "Free online bill payment
    (a $119/year value)*"
    https://www.quicken.com/compare
    let me clarify - between Deluxe and Premier -
    - Deluxe - it can do Bill Pay - either via certain banks or via Quicken QP 3rd party
    you will however pay a fee for the Quicken BP 3rd party transactions
    - Premier - will do all that - BUT the first 15 transactions via QBP are free
    {as pointed out - I could be wrong on this... unlimited ??}
    As I mentioned above - just to compare - I happen to use Chase Bank, and they have an online bill payment feature, as most banks do these days - BUT - they also will integrate with my Quicken to allow bill paying directly thru Chase.... and its all FREE...

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    pula58* said:
    Also, I have unlimited bill paying, not the 15 free you mention.
    hmmm....
    Quicken Bill Pay (Bill Payment Services provided by Metavante Payment Services, LLC) is included in Quicken Premier and above and is available on QuickenBillPay.com as a separate add-on service in Starter and Deluxe. 15 payments per month included in Premier and above.
    -
    BTW - there are now some brand new bill paying options just announced -
    so you might also looki into them.

This discussion has been closed.