Quicken 2017 Super Validation - will not run & erases transactions in last account used.

jkspain
jkspain Member ✭✭
Running Windows 10 Home v.1903; Quicken 2017 R 19.8

Regular File Validation runs and completes successfully.

However, when attempting to run SuperValidation, the process will not start and Quicken quits and exits about 60 seconds later. When Quicken is restarted, all transactions in whatever account was last used in the file have been erased. Damaged file can be successfully restored from a Backup.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It appears you data file is damaged, possibly beyond repair. You can try to rebuild it by using File>File Operations>Copy. This rebuilds the data tables and with any luck, will resolve your issue. If not, you will need to continue going back to an older backup that will validate and super validate to successful completion.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • jkspain
    jkspain Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response, however I do not believe you are correct for the following reason. I just restored a file from a Backup made immediately after a successful Super-Validation. This file was dated 2/10/20. I ran Super-Validation again on this file with the exact same result as described above. I am starting to believe there are some compatibility issues between Windows 10 and Quicken 2017 that seem to manifest in strange ways. For example, prior to December 27, 2019, Quicken 2017 and One Step Update used to work fine with data files stored on OneDrive but that is no longer the case. Then there is the problem described above. Have you heard of similar issues with the subscription version? Thanks.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    jkspain said:  For example, prior to December 27, 2019, Quicken 2017 and One Step Update used to work fine with data files stored on OneDrive but that is no longer the case.
    Whoa - you have just added another wrinkle to the discussion...
    The entire scenario of storing Quicken files on remote cloud services has its own issues and problems...

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • jkspain
    jkspain Member ✭✭
    My apologies to GeoffG. You were correct. I did a File Copy of the File that had failed supervalidation (but passed before and was backed up), and this time Super Validation succeeded. Very strange but I'll go with it.
  • jkspain
    jkspain Member ✭✭
    To PS56K. Just saying a lot of features that worked with no issues prior to December 27th do not work now. I have work arounds in place but wondering what the heck happened to Quicken (or maybe Windows 10)?
This discussion has been closed.