Email notification

I received an email from "[email protected]" saying a check sent by Quicken for a $1600+ wasreturned by the vendor and a refund will be coming in a couple days. I never sent a check for the amount through Quicken or directly, Does this mean my Quicken has been hacked? Has anyone else had a problem similar to this?bth
Tagged:

Comments

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    What makes you think that an email coming from "[email protected]" is from Quicken Inc?

EDIT:
    Let me put it a different way, your Quicken doesn't have to be hacked for you to get a spam letter.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing to say that a thousand other people didn't get that same email and they got lucky with you in that you were a Quicken user.
    If the $1600 does show up, then I would look into it further.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If you suspect your Quicken Bill Pay account has been hacked, I suggest you reset your Quicken Bill Pay credentials and contact Quicken Bill Pay support: https://www.quicken.com/support/contact-quicken-bill-pay
  • JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just did something I should have done before responding to this.  I looked up fisglobal.com, and it seems that "FIS" is a company that provides financial transaction software to banks.  Like they mention they recently partnered with US Bank.

So, doesn't sound like a "spammer" and I think you should do as Sherlock suggests if you have a Quicken Bill Pay account or the newer service that Quicken introduced with the release 25.10 (if you signed up for it).
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Any spammer worth there salt can make an email look like it came from a legitimate source, I would be looking at the full email header for clues and any link in the email for something that doesn't look correct.  I'm still betting on spam that got lucky and hit someone that the scenario resonated with.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.